1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wireless won't connect after update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Arewin913, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Arewin913

Arewin913 Lurker

Samsung Galaxy S4 ATT, I've had no problem since I got the phone JUN 2013. The phone was updated this weekend to 4.3. I just noticed that it wasn't connected to my home network. The signal is very strong; I sit about 8ft from the box. I restarted the phone, pulled the battery and restarted multiple times without success. My wife has the same phone, but not updated yet and she is still connected. I haven't noticed any other problems yet, but I really don't use the phone much. Are there any suggestions for solving this problem?

Arewin

2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

Have you tried "forgetting" the wireless information for that connection, does it happen with all wifi networks?

3. arewin

arewin Newbie

I did "Forget" the network each time I tried to connect. I haven't tried any other network as I haven't been outside since I noticed the problem; it is cold here. I'll go somewhere tomorrow and try to connect to another network.

Arewin

4. arewin

arewin Newbie

I tried one more time before I went to bed last night, and my phone connected to my home wireless network! I don't turn the phone off at night so it was still connected this morning. I left the apartment and the phone reconnected when I returned. I didn't do anything and the phone is working, go figure. So I don't know if the update caused the problem but I suspect it was. And my experience with computers/phones is that this, or something like it will pop up again. But right now it is all good.​
    Arewin​

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews