• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

wish I'd kept my htc! help with few issues please

toadstools

Apr 12, 2010
Hi all,
Had z1 a few days, disappointed with the camera overall, very poor indoor shots without flash, and outside are not as good as my old htc..
I set up my email (pop 3 bt account)and it only shows that days emails when you go back in to check, need to press ' load more ' etc but I'm used to having months worth of mails I need to refer back to..and its so slow opening. Any thoughts to just get my old mails other than just keep loading?
Also I had direct dial phone numbers on my home screen before, now I can add the contact but have to scroll through their numbers to call them, again anyone know a way round that.
And lastly how can I add single bookmark pages to a screen, it seems to put several together!?
Thank you, sorry for long post!
(meant. Few issues in title)

What software version are you on? I found the camera was vastly improved with the 257 update.

Not sure about the issues with the email app, sorry.

If you long press a home screen to bring up the menu along the bottom, if you select Apps, then shortcuts, that should allow you to add direct dial and individual bookmarks?

Also fixed the title for you. :)

Upvote 0
Congratulations el presidente! I'm sure your little girl is gorgeous!
I've tried both the auto and manual settings and find it very grainy indoors and when cropped the outside shots show noise, I'll keep trying.
I did find the one touch direct dial shortcut and web page bookmark in shortcut tab so just email settings to try and configure but limited options there.
Thanks for replies guys..

Upvote 0
I've used the manual settings on the camera which isn't ideal when you just need an instant shot.. Still didn't give me a decent low light outdoor pic, also indoor with the flash takes a while to focus, refocus then take the shot. The image improves with flash obviously.

I used yahoo app instead of my pop 3 for email but don't like it either but even after reading a mail in my pop 3 it goes away as new mail arrives and then downloads again as an unread mail when you load more mail.. It's doing my head in! Anyone know a way round it, the settings are quite basic compared to my htc one..
Thanks..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones