• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wish the camera was 3.2mp What a shame! 8mp = larger picture but NOISY LOW quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what your attitude problem is about, but if "plenty of us" understood this fact, then we wouldn't all be forced to waste our money paying for an 8MP sensor in this phone.

And I did address the fact that the sensor alone doesn't determine picture quality in my post. This phone may or may not take better quality pics than another phone, I don't know. If it does take better pics, it's got nothing to do with having an 8MP sensor. Most $300 "SLR-like" full sized cameras can barely take advantage of an 8MP sensor, although in their case it's generally the quality of the optics that are limiting them.

It's not that the camera isn't good enough for its intended use, it's that an 8MP sensor is too much for a camera of this quality.

It's like putting $1500 performance tires on a Hyundai Accent...it's not gonna make it handle any better.

my bad, the attitude wasn't towards you. my response was specifically regarding the OPs comments of the dare and another 3.2 taking better pics than the incredible. however, this person has yet to post ONE comparison picture between these cameras. that's like me telling you the incredible can make a really good cup of coffee, but i won't show you pictures of it... but believe me, it does! this person can come across as smart as they want to be, but unless you post something to back it up, such as pictures, it means nothing. now don't get me wrong, i'm not saying these claims are true, false, whatever. i'm asking for pics to let everybody judge. i believe that's pretty fair.

Upvote 0
my bad, the attitude wasn't towards you. my response was specifically regarding the OPs comments of the dare and another 3.2 taking better pics than the incredible. however, this person has yet to post ONE comparison picture between these cameras. that's like me telling you the incredible can make a really good cup of coffee, but i won't show you pictures of it... but believe me, it does! this person can come across as smart as they want to be, but unless you post something to back it up, such as pictures, it means nothing. now don't get me wrong, i'm not saying these claims are true, false, whatever. i'm asking for pics to let everybody judge. i believe that's pretty fair.

It's all good. And yeah, the OP is an ass, it's too bad the valid point of this thread is obscured by their presentation.

I have no idea which phones produce the best quality images (as has been pointed out repeatedly here...it's just a camera phone, what do you want?), the main thing that bothers me here is that a small 3MP sensor or so IS plenty to max out the results this camera can produce.

The manufacturers feel the need to put bigger numbers on the box because it sells. If the majority of the people walking around were aware of the simple fact that more MP \= better, then maybe we could all save a few bucks...not only on phones but on point & shoot cameras too...it's the same issue there.

Upvote 0
Anyone who knows anything about digital cameras knows that lower resolution cameras of the same physical size sensor will take better pictures due to better light sensitivity.

Why cant people get a proper education? Am I the only one that understands this because everyday I look at people around me and I know that my mind is superior. I have yet to find someone with the same intelligence, knowledge, and insight of how reality really works....

i have a proper education.. and a higher iq than you. your point about pixel size vs light sensitivity is valid, but you're still a dick.

this should have been a 5mp higher quality sensor instead of 8mp. the phone body should also be made of premium materials, which it is not.

all said, though.. it's still the best of what's available for big red.

Upvote 0
Honestly i don't care what kind of picture quality it has when snapping photos. I have a dslr i'm more than happy with and if i need quality photos it does just fine. 5mp, 8mp i don't care, its just an added feature i don't really need but would come in handy at times when i don't have a proper camera to take pics with. Honestly i don't see the point in arguing the quality of sensors and megapixel count on a portable smartphone to be constructive in anyway shape or form. Its a phone for god sakes, get over it. It won't replace a laptop, it won't replace a dslr, it might not even replace an ipod. But it sure the hell is a handy and neat device regardless.

Upvote 0
i have a proper education.. and a higher iq than you. your point about pixel size vs light sensitivity is valid, but you're still a dick.

this should have been a 5mp higher quality sensor instead of 8mp. the phone body should also be made of premium materials, which it is not.

all said, though.. it's still the best of what's available for big red.

agreed, Although, at one time I probably had a higher IQ then both of you :p

then I discovered the joys of Alcohol :)

Now, I spend all day on forums...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones