• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
will voice dialing work?
Will the flash on the camera work?
Well wifi work without a network signal?
Will it take less than 3 presses to call someone?
Will the phone work properly with a bt headset..ie proper handsfree?
Well the in call volume be improved?

Actually i'm more interested in whether or not it will stop people posting stupid questions

Reactions: morpheus2n2
Upvote 0
will voice dialing work?
Don't know.
Will the flash on the camera work?
Don't know.
Well wifi work without a network signal?
Don't know.
Will it take less than 3 presses to call someone?
Don't know.
Will the phone work properly with a bt headset..ie proper handsfree?
Don't know.
Well the in call volume be improved?
Don't know. Ask again tomorrow but start your questions with does it or has it.

Upvote 0
If you have a dog dont bark means that if someone else is going to do the work i.e. search the internet for the answers or knows the answers then whats teh point of me doing it?

Mr.Womble - you BT solution works? I have a jabba headset but it doesnt connect to the phone and allow me to do handsfree dialling - nor does the voice dialler on my phone work very well (if at all). How have you got your Bt headset to talk to your phone?

Upvote 0
Bless you, you patronising Womble - you should also be able to press a button on the BT handset, say the name of the person you want to call and it will...you will learn one day:)

I think you'll find that YOU ARE WRONG my friend

Voice dialling over bluetooth is not a FUNCTION of ANY Android device running 1.6 such as our beloved X10 (although you can voice dial from the inbuilt app)

And to extend it further, Android 2.0 + 2.1 still DO NOT support voice dialling

here - try reading this Android 2.2 Platform Highlights | Android Developers

as you claim to know so much by stating
you should also be able to press a button on the BT handset, say the name of the person you want to call and it will

Well actually, no you SHOULD NOT

oh and to quote you again - take you own advice

you will learn one day:)

Reactions: wynney666
Upvote 0
Note the part about "should be able to press a button on the.." to get hands free working? The key word is "should" which I know doesnt work on 1.6 and my original question was asking whether this was likely to be fixed in 2.1. If you dont know then dont comment!

If you have a moment free in your hectic schedule then go and read your BT handsfree manual - this is something almost every handsfree kit SHOULD be able to do - given the phone's ability to reciprocate (sorry reciprocate means do something similar in response to an action). 1.6 didnt do it which is a glaring error and I find it hard to believe that if the phone is supposed to be suitable for business users then it should be able to support this feature too.

Upvote 0
As i already stated - I DO KNOW

2.2 is required to use bluetooth voice dialling, which is linked to Android pages in my post above

i posted that in the hope that you would read it before going headstrong into another argumentative response so i will post it again for you

Android 2.2 Platform Highlights | Android Developers

please view this document and scroll down to the section titled

NEW PLATFORM TECHNOLOGIES

the required information is listed there

The key word is "should" which I know doesnt work on 1.6 and my original question was asking whether this was likely to be fixed in 2.1. If you dont know then dont comment!

Think that covers what i do and don't know

P.S. the bluetooth handsfree device is capable of Voice Dialling on COMPATIBLE HANDSETS - which any android device running 2.1 or less - is not

Upvote 0
Your original response was "don't know"! When you clearly did!

I hope you support Sunderland:)

OK< i would love to be linked to all posts into this response, however none of which have been edited - can you please tell me where i said "DON'T KNOW"

P.S. was the information on the Android website and the compatibility of 1.6 and 2.0/2.1 clear enough for you on the functionality of the voice dialling

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones