• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help With regards to the sticky thread at the top.....

flyinjoe13

Android Enthusiast
May 18, 2010
I have already done a factory reset twice on my Ally and each time I still had 3G service......I think. At least it says 3G in the notification bar at the top so i'm assuming it's 3G. I'll be interested to see what comes of this because now i'm curious to know if I actually have 3G service.

Anyone know any real way to tell other than the 3G icon at the top?

Well if that's true than i'm not getting 3G speeds. I just ran two different speed test apps and I only got about 600kbs\sec speed. Much less than the 1000 you say I should be getting. So apparently i'm showing i'm connected @ 3G, but I must not be. Guess I got screwed by this reset problem. Wonder if there is anything they can do about it eventually or am I going to have to get a new phone, which would suck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones