1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

.wma files won't play

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    Hi,

I have been trying to get my .wma files to play on my new samsung galaxy note 3 and I have tried PowerAmp and all of the other suggested apps but the only one that plays them is Google Play Music and it costs every month. Does anyone else have this problem and know of another app I can try or a converter so I can make them .mp3 files like the ones that do work?

Any help would be appreciated!

Advertisement

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

May 29, 2011
    Male
    Retired
    Les Gets, France
    Hi

Have you tried Rocket Player Premium? (Playstore) It claims to play .wma files (you should have a few minutes to test this and get a refund if it doesn't work).

There are programs such as AVS audio convertor for Win 8 which should convert files, but none are free aa far as I know.

Roger

scary alien likes this.
  3. 0311jarhead

0311jarhead Lurker
    None

Jan 20, 2015
    Male
    Washington
    I have the same problem on my Galaxy S4. I have the premium version of Poweramp and it still won't play them. I have a non rooted phone. I read something about needing "NEON" support but couldn't really find any useful information about how to apply this to my problem. I tried rocket player and a ton of other apps with no luck either.

4. Pugs1957

Pugs1957 Guest
    None
    jetAudioplus plays .wma files

5. The_Ty

The_Ty Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 7, 2013
    Male
    Not to directly answer your question, but couldn't you convert them to mp3? If there are a lot of songs there are applications which can batch convert

6. 0311jarhead

0311jarhead Lurker
    None

Jan 20, 2015
    Male
    Washington
    I thought about trying that but every program I found for doing seemed to be loaded with tons of spyware and ads. Do you recommend any good WMA to MP3 converters? Free ones :)