• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WMA to ringtone?

Is it possible to make a WMA file into a ringtone? if not how do I load music onto my evo so I can use for ring tones?

Thanks for any help.
Steve

There are a couple apps on the Market that allow you to make custom ringtones. The one I used and still use since day one is simply called "Ringtone". I guarantee you that if you search for "Ringtone", you will get a million apps in your search.

What I did to find my app was search this "music editor ringtone". Among the few was the app that my friend highly recommended me. Luckily I saved it to the SD card and transferred it from Android phone to Android phone I had. Last I checked, it wasn't on the Market anymore.

Look around on the Market for an app like this and try many of them. Most are free! Also check out user's ratings of the apps too.

To upload these ringtones, you need to have the music file on the SD card (the little memory card on your phone). Then when you open the app, either you will search your SD card for the song(s) you want or they will already show for you upon open. All of my music is in .mp3 format. If an app is to your liking but doesn't support .wav or another unsupported format, simply go on Google and search for a free converter, there should be a few that will work and convert them for you. But you shouldn't have to do that.

On my app, it allows me to edit songs into ringtones, alarms, notifications, and more.

If you'd like, I can send you the app via e-mail and you can install it from your SD card. I can direct you how to install and use it if you'd like. I'd recommend that you go through the Market and search for an app for yourself that you personally like.

Reactions: steveo41733
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones