1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Woah. Now this Phone is as fast as I though it should be!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mrt19872, Oct 30, 2014.

1. mrt19872

mrt19872 Newbie

I used dev options and turned off transition animation and animator duration scales, good god this thing is fast now! Those features just create massive lag with rotation.

This thing flies now! Even tilting the phone it switches 2-3x faster now to landscape, crazy o_O. Touch-Wiz can def cause unnecessary lag unless you turn that stuff off, now I am loving this phone! :D:D:D:D

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Teegunn

Teegunn Android Expert

I have never understood the point of animations. First thing I do with any new phone is turn that crap off.

3. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Android Expert

I'm pretty sure that a lot of the "lag" some new users experience is the animations they are not used to seeing. I never see the animations as lag, and I'm always slightly amused by all the people who say "lag went away" when they turn animations off.

4. rushmore

rushmore Extreme Android User

It actually can cause some lag, depending on the device and how the hardware layer is used with the UI. That said, the animations do provide a perception of delay and actually cause delay due to the animation process taking time instead of simply cutting to the chase of point A to B.

Simple description of the time:

Animations equals a curve from A to B.

No animations equals a straight line from A to B.

Added:

The G3 is a good example of a device that due to the Qhd UI and the weaker GPU driving it, the actual curve is wider from A to B.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews