• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root woke up to white evo screen...fixed....what happened?

lesawag

Android Enthusiast
Nov 16, 2010
Austin Texas
I woke up to my phone stuck on evo white screen, would not boot up at all. Tried battery pulls, tried to restore android back ups of Kings r5, nothing. The only restore that worked was the basic unrevoked backup. The only thing I had changed in the last 2 days was the battery calibration app, and I changed my settings on set CPU. Min was still at 245 and max was 1158. I was running Kings r5 and my kernel (which was installed Thursday) was, netarchy toast 4.3.4. Havs more sbc. Any ideas??? All three of my Kings r5 backups would not work. Thanks again. Evomattnc, if you would not have taught me how to flash manually, I would have been completely lost. Thanks for pushing me to learn to flash manually. You saved my morning and my nerves. I'm going to re-flash kings r 5 in a bit. Not sure if I will use the same kernel, but probably will. I think its something I did. Ideas??

It's was very odd..think my memory was fine.3gigs. On my SD card, 193 phone memory...it might have been more. Not sure about kings back ups. I had 2 from last weekend, it said restore complete both times. It just wouldn't get past white screen. Waited 15 mins, both times. Wonder if I should try to restore them again and wait longer?

Upvote 0
It's was very odd..think my memory was fine.3gigs. On my SD card, 193 phone memory...it might have been more. Not sure about kings back ups. I had 2 from last weekend, it said restore complete both times. It just wouldn't get past white screen. Waited 15 mins, both times. Wonder if I should try to restore them again and wait longer?

Meh 15 is pretty good. I know you know to wipe...did you wipe anything before the restore?

Upvote 0
Is it ok, now that I've flashed Rom and kernel again, to clear battery stats manually? What should I set scaling to with set CPU? Thanks

wiping before a restore depends on what you backed up. I would always st least wipe cache before restore. It doesn't hurt to do a full wipe and I would suggest it. Do a full wipe and try again.

245-1113 some can go to 1152 or even 1190 but 1113 is def safe, you can try 1152. I prefer smart ass scaling...

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info. I will wipe before a restore from now on. I had my set CPU at 1158...I had changed it to that a few hours before my issues started. I'm going to leave it on 948 for now I think. I've got scaling on conservative...is this right? I just reflashed the Rom and kernel and all seems fine. Oh is it safe to wipe battery stats manually? Could I safely do it now?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones