• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wonder why Angry Birds isn't working?

Interesting. I've been really busy this week and haven't had a chance to load up a new ROM. I'll try xtrROM 4.5 and see what happens. If unrooted people are running it no problem though, I'm not sure its going to make a difference, doesn't seem like there's a pattern to who can get it to work and who can't.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Running KaosFroyo v38. Can't get either angry birds app to install from the Market. Will try the APK files tomorrow after getting some sleep.

Thinking I'm gonna switch ROMs though. KaosFroyo is hella slow, even freshly installed with nothing on the phone. Any ROM suggestions? Preferably confirmed to work with Angry Birds.

My wife will HAVE to have that on this Eris. (I'm setting it up for her.)

Upvote 0
I run AB on my Eris with the xtrSense rom, works perfectly. I also use adfree which is free in the market which gets rid of all the annoying ads on AB. also, I make sure when playing the game to set my screen to not time out as having to wake up the phone will mess up the game.

How do you like that ROM? I'm putting it on now to test it out. I tried two other Froyo roms and angry birds is still unplayable, both iterations of it, even though the rest of the phone performs very well with Froyo installed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones