1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

wondering about zip music files.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by swaggypancakes6, Oct 7, 2014.

1. swaggypancakes6

Hey everyone,
    Im new to the whole android world so if i sound like a dumby please just help me out lol.
    Basically i was wondering if i zip my downloaded music files and send them to a music folder on my external sd will they still be in my music player. Does zipping a file make it take up less space? Im using an lg l70 from metro pcs and the internal storage is just really lame. I recently rooted and i would really like some pointers on how to store my files like music, photos and apps ect.
    Like i said im kind of new to this but if i could get some good pointers in the right direction i know i could get going.
    Thanks and i hope to hear back soon.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. JesseKnows

JesseKnows Member

Music files are already compressed, unless they are wav format. Applying zip will not likely reduce their size.

If you want to play wav files I'd convert them to a compressed music format (mp3 if you can tolerate loss, flac or some other lossless if you care) rather than zipping them.

swaggypancakes6 likes this.
  3. jma9454

jma9454 Member

I think zipping music files will reduce size by a bit. But they have to be unzipped to be able to play. They cannot be read unless that are unzipped

LG L70 Forum

The LG L70 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 200 processor, and 2100mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews