1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support wondering between Galaxy samsung J5 and Xiaomi redmi 3 pro [byuing tomorrow]

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Antistrain, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Antistrain

Antistrain Lurker
    None

Sep 15, 2016
    Male
    Ok hello guys
    im new on this forum and it looks pretty nice
    I have a question and answer ASAP because i buying this phone today and maybe tomorrow,
    im wondering between this two devices.
    which one is better? which one is reliable to use?
    phone that wont lag after a while and with good camera, performance is less important
    users of Xiaomi r pro 3 and users of Galaxy J5 (2016) are very welcomed to help me to choose a phone
    any user is welcomed but i need someone that talks from experience,
    Thanks.

Advertisement

#1 Antistrain, Sep 15, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Much of a muchness I think, both mid-range, they're both rather similar specs, although the Xiaomi has a better processor and slightly more RAM AFAICT. The J5 it's Touchwiz, probably with quite a lot of bloat, and the Redmi has MIUI, which is a heavily customized, skinned and modified version of Android. Which can lead to a few incompatibility problems with apps. Lag or reliability, I don't know for sure myself, I've never had a Xiaomi. Had 4 Samsungs though, and they've been OK, an original Galaxy S, S4, Grand Duos and Note 7.

Xiaomi is Chinese and mostly sells in Asia. Where are you, would you be having to be buying online and importing it, shipped from Hong Kong usually, and any problems that require service, it would have to go back to HK. Are you in the US?

#2 mikedt, Sep 16, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2016