1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Wondering...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jaison80, Mar 20, 2016.

1. jaison80

jaison80 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Male
    Cable Service Tech
    PA
    Is it just me or is the activity in the AF community lacking compared to previous releases of Nexus phones? When I go to the root section its pretty much dead. What are your thoughts?

Advertisement

2. hokee

hokee Lurker
    None

Apr 13, 2012
  3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Low activity in the Nexus root areas has been similar since the Samsung Galaxy Nexus...my guess is that these (Nexus) devices are so easy to root (and re-flash a factory image, etc.), there's not much call / need for posts / threads from most folks.

That's not to say that there aren't folks with problems like we've seen for the Nexus 7 (both 1st and 2nd gen tablets) that seem to have an had inordinate number of flashing issues that are probably related to memory failures.

That's my take anyways :).

codesplice likes this.
  4. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

Oct 29, 2013
    Male
    SysAdmin
    Huntsville, AL
    ^^ What they both said. It seems like a lot of AF's root subs are largely for support-type threads. With as easy and trouble-free as unlocking/rooting/flashing Nexus devices usually are, there aren't as many "help i bricked my phone" threads.

And a lot of the development (ROMs, kernels, etc) seems to get posted over at XDA.

scary alien likes this.
  5. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Aug 30, 2011
    Male
    Graduate Student
    MN
    I think much of it can be chalked up to many of our core members already knowing what they're doing by now when it comes to nexus devices.

I've been a part of the root community since my first android device in 2011, and joined the nexus party a year or so after that. Its not like HTC or samsung phones where theres all these little differences between devices and root exploits that are constantly changing and getting patched.

I know I can always "fastboot oem unlock" to unlock the bootloader - and if something small does change ("whats this new vendor.img?" ) theres either a rooting guide for reference or a place I know I can go for help.

We could be better about posting ROMS/Kernels/Ect in there, but I havent run a ROM since back in December, and don't have the time myself to keep it all updated. (Anyone can step in there to start a thread about your favorite ROM/kernel ect)

#5 Rxpert83, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
    scary alien and codesplice like this.

Nexus 6P

The Nexus 6P is a Huawei made Android Smartphone that would be come the last Nexus device before the launch of Google's Pixel line of phones.
Tags: