1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Wondering.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ShayyBayy, Apr 27, 2012.

1. ShayyBayy

ShayyBayy Lurker
    None

Mar 18, 2012
    What internet connection drains the LEAST battery? I thought WIFI drained my battery, so turned it off. Now not so sure if it's the internet or the synching.. (not even sure if it synches when phone hasn't been touched.)

Also, will we EVER get off 2.3.5? (I think that's the latest upgrade I received, which was just the other day. Probably am a little late on that.)

I really love getting new updates to my phone. I've only had it ALMOST 2 months and I'm in love with it.

(P.S. ALSO, IS IT A GOOD IDEA TO ROOT? I kind of want to, but then I *kind* of don't want to ruin my phone.. not sure yet. Whats the reason most people root, anyway?)

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    actually wifi is much better for your phone then mobile data (3g), believe it or not. but, 3g can be almost as bad as 4g in terms of draining the battery. i always leave mine off when not in use. i can almost double my battery life by doing so, when i'm at home i leave the wifi signal on and my battery does not drain as fast as it does with 3g on.

yeah you are late on getting 2.3.5. its was released around jan of this year. and i doubt we will getting any more updates. well at least not anything significant.

and the as far as rooting goes, it is really hard to brick your phone. unfortunatey rooting your phone now with the latest ota is much harder then in the past. with each new ota's, most phone manufacturers will close any previous exploits that was used to gain root access, thus making it harder to root. it is still possible though. here is the guide if you want to do some research on it first:http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...-rooting-gingerbread-2-3-5-dummies-guide.html

if you have any questions about rooting your phone then please post them in this forum:EVO 4G - All Things Root - Android Forums

Tags: