1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Wonky alarm

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thumperyz69, Apr 18, 2014.

1. thumperyz69

thumperyz69 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2010
    I have had the Nexus 5 for about 5 weeks now. Great phone except the alarm functions are unpredictable and jacked up. The following is intermittent and it applies to the stock alarm as well as 2 different ones I tried from Play store. Yesterday morning it was fine. This morning it was completely messed up. It doesn

Advertisement

2. OhSeven

OhSeven Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Sounds like there are extraneous screen taps for some reason, rather than a problem with alarm apps. It happened on my N4 a few times, and the time switching to 24h happened often when I disabled the screen lock and random screen taps occurred while in my pocket.

Have you noticed any slow downs? Maybe something wet on the screen (drool?!)

3. thumperyz69

Jul 28, 2010
    Correct ..it acts there are screen taps but I am touching nothing. It definitely has not been wet.

4. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Install a screen touch app - one that shows where you're touching the screen. Then put the phone down and watch it for a while. If it's being "touched", either the touchscreen or the motherboard is defective (or you have a weird software bug).

5. OhSeven

OhSeven Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Good call on that

You can also view screen touches without an app if you enable developer options. In settings>about phone, tap build number a bunch of times until it says you're a developer. Then hit back to find dev options in system settings, look for the view screen touches there

6. thumperyz69

Jul 28, 2010
    for those that have helped and those that are curious I guess this can be a common symptom when using a wall charger. freaking weird....but I kept it off the wall charger and all is good...

7. BynoUK

BynoUK Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Male
    UK
    That is strange, mine is on mains charge every night all night and my alarm goes off daily without any issues.

8. thumperyz69

Jul 28, 2010
    I finally isolated the problem and it turns out that a wall charger can cause issues like this. I have charged it up and left it off charge and not one issue.

I hope this helps at least one person because it has driven me crazy.... Now if I can only solve why the Google newstand is severly broke on my N10..

Thanks

Tags: