1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Wont activate

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by carracerz14, Jun 2, 2011.

1. carracerz14

carracerz14 Android Expert
    None

Feb 4, 2011
    Ok so I flashed the two files of .596 over rooted froyo and all was well until tonight when I stopped receiving text messages randomly. I tried doing a factory reset to see if it would fix it and now I cannot activate my phone. I dial *228 and when I hit 1 all it does is sit there then after 45 seconds it tells me to put in the 10 digit number I am calling from then hangs up on me. Idk if verizon is having issues in my area or what but I kinda need my phone lol, does anyone know of anything to try?

Edit: I should mention that other people would get my texts, and I could receive and make calls, just couldnt receive texts. and now I cant activate it again. ugh

Advertisement

2. Sokudo Ningyou

Sokudo Ningyou Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 8, 2010
    Female
    SE Wisconsin
    I have the same problem. Maybe we're doing this at too late of an hour. I'm going to the Verizon website to see if maybe I can figure something out, otherwise I'll have to get up early tomorrow to try again. :mad:

EDIT: I think it's our timing. The website says we can active phones, but my Verizon homepage says it can't collect any data from my phone, and there's no listing for activation despite the FAQ saying it's possible. I'm guessing (hopefully?) there's just a glitch going on right now.

3. carracerz14

carracerz14 Android Expert
    None

Feb 4, 2011
    I've never had a problem this late before. Maybe verizon is having issues or something. I don't see why my friend on AT&T would get the texts I sent him and I could get calls. Try signing onto your my verizon page and see if it lets you see your stuff

4. SimsDelt

SimsDelt Android Expert
    None

Aug 4, 2010
    Project Manager - SAS Construction
    Bremen, Georgia
    Post back if your still having this problem after you try to *228 again. Sometimes you get problems here and there due to Verizon doing stuff to the network.

5. Sokudo Ningyou

Sokudo Ningyou Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 8, 2010
    Female
    SE Wisconsin

That was basically it. Tried again at 10 AM, and it worked fine.