• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Won't be getting my X from THAT Verizon store...

Should have went to his manager. Told him/her that they just lost a customer because of a disrespectful employee.

I was thinking the same thing.

Some stores are great. I've had great service twice at a store in a Minneapolis, MN suburb, but I don't live there (just visit a lot). Wish I could say the same thing about the ones where I do live tho.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately I have the same experiences in my store. I actually own a Verizon store and it's very sad that we can't get any of these new android devices. I've not seen a single Incredible, Droid X, or Droid 2 since their release. Verizon doesn't have them available to order. Unfortunately its so sad and depressing we have no choice but to laugh when someone asks us for one! lol We just tell them to go online and order one if they really want it, it's about the only way they'll get it. It sucks throwing customer away. Thanks Verizon.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately I have the same experiences in my store. I actually own a Verizon store and it's very sad that we can't get any of these new android devices. I've not seen a single Incredible, Droid X, or Droid 2 since their release. Verizon doesn't have them available to order. Unfortunately its so sad and depressing we have no choice but to laugh when someone asks us for one! lol We just tell them to go online and order one if they really want it, it's about the only way they'll get it. It sucks throwing customer away. Thanks Verizon.

I really hope you're joking. Under no circumstance is it appropriate for a salesperson to laugh in a customer's face upon being asked a question.

Upvote 0
Originally Posted by Brian_83
...we have no choice but to laugh when someone asks us for one! lol We just tell them to go online and order one if they really want it, it's about the only way they'll get it. It sucks throwing customer away. Thanks Verizon.

I really hope you're joking. Under no circumstance is it appropriate for a salesperson to laugh in a customer's face upon being asked a question.

What do you expect them to do if they have no choice? Check out that involuntary lol from him just thinking about it.

Upvote 0
Okay so I should rephrase. We aren't rude and don't laugh in peoples faces. We can't help but chuckle though when someone comes in and wants one of these phones or expects that they are going to come in and leave with one. You don't know how many times in a day this happens some day. You can either laugh about it or get pissed off thinking about the business you're losing.

Upvote 0
See the BIG PICTURE here. Gargantua at the phone store will likely SOON end up being laid off (certainly not LAID) due to running off a bunch of customers with his "blithering-idiot-mindless-word-drool". Panic sets in - he realizes he is now a lazy fat slob with job qualifications only of placing great strain on the poor stools behind his keosk. He has entered this new reality in a GALACTICLY BAD job market. Three excruciating weeks later of being treated like a toddler by the "trainers" at Wal-Mart he is now the one helping you at Wal-Mart. Trust me on this; most of the real slap-***** lucky enough to have a job are slowly losing these jobs and ending up working at Wal-Mart a carefully controlled 29.5 hours a week. The only thing they have to live for are the empty promises of their superiors that they will get considered for management if they just work "a little harder" and "smile at the customer" just a little more. Yep, ashamed to admit it but I opened and stocked and trained people at my local Wal-mart from 4 months before it opened until 6 months after opening. In case no one has ever told any of you this, when you (a Wal-Mart connection center associate) call ANY of the big 5 cell phone company activation operators, they are very RUDE to you. They do not make JACK on their end at the carrier because Wal-Mart has them by the balls - therefore they treat Walmart Conn Ctr employees accordingly. I walked away from what was just extra part-time hours for me about a year and a half ago. Low and behold, as of today, the worst of the worst local retail employees now proudly call my local WalMart electronics section their new job for life. It is almost comical how they send off some poor Gramma with a Wireless router assured that when they get home they hook it up to their NetZero Dial-Up and have a kick-ass WiFi home in minutes. Yep, they really do that.......No kiddin! :eek:

Upvote 0
I do know for a fact that if you are looking for one with a two contract there is one that will ship to you and has at least ten available. States 189.99 with .99 after rebate. I bought my droid incredible this way which it was a verizon representive so I know it is possible for the droid X. What I did was went to E-Bay and serched for motorola Droid X with contract and that will get you in touch with this person. My droid I bought on E-Bay about a week ago with no contract for $519.00 and it only took two days to get it and it is working perfectly. I activated with my incredible number and been using it for the last week now. This is only a suggestion you wil have to make your own choices.

Upvote 0
I purchased two Droid X's at Target of all places about 2 weeks ago. They are rolling out this mobile telephone sales program in a bunch of the stores and they have an inventory of phones ready to go. I had mentioned this to the Verizon rep in the store across the street and he laughed at me and told me there was no way a Target could possibly have the X in stock, and perhaps they were selling refurbished phones. He then offered to give me 20% off all accessories and a free month of data on the phones if I purchased from him (but would have to wait 2 weeks for them to arrive). I went the Target route because we had already verbally committed with the salesman, who had driven to another Target to pick the phones up. Needless to say the phones are brand new and work great.

Just wanted to comment that it was an OK overall experience buying the phones from Target, especially with the in store rebate and not having to mail it in (as you would have to do from the Verizon store).

Upvote 0
See the BIG PICTURE here. Gargantua at the phone store will likely SOON end up being laid off (certainly not LAID) due to running off a bunch of customers with his "blithering-idiot-mindless-word-drool". Panic sets in - he realizes he is now a lazy fat slob with job qualifications only of placing great strain on the poor stools behind his keosk. He has entered this new reality in a GALACTICLY BAD job market. Three excruciating weeks later of being treated like a toddler by the "trainers" at Wal-Mart he is now the one helping you at Wal-Mart. Trust me on this; most of the real slap-***** lucky enough to have a job are slowly losing these jobs and ending up working at Wal-Mart a carefully controlled 29.5 hours a week. The only thing they have to live for are the empty promises of their superiors that they will get considered for management if they just work "a little harder" and "smile at the customer" just a little more. Yep, ashamed to admit it but I opened and stocked and trained people at my local Wal-mart from 4 months before it opened until 6 months after opening. In case no one has ever told any of you this, when you (a Wal-Mart connection center associate) call ANY of the big 5 cell phone company activation operators, they are very RUDE to you. They do not make JACK on their end at the carrier because Wal-Mart has them by the balls - therefore they treat Walmart Conn Ctr employees accordingly. I walked away from what was just extra part-time hours for me about a year and a half ago. Low and behold, as of today, the worst of the worst local retail employees now proudly call my local WalMart electronics section their new job for life. It is almost comical how they send off some poor Gramma with a Wireless router assured that when they get home they hook it up to their NetZero Dial-Up and have a kick-ass WiFi home in minutes. Yep, they really do that.......No kiddin! :eek:

lmao WOW you got some personal things to deal with buddie lol

Upvote 0
How about this?
(While this story doesn't relate to the size of the phone, it is an example of the enormous amount of crap i've had to go through to get this phone in my hands! Which will be tomorrow, btw. :] )

I went to my local Verizon Wireless store in the mall. I approached a sales rep asking if they knew of a date of when the DX would be in stock because i'd rather buy it at the store than wait for FedEx. (I have ongoing issues with my FedEx man, who likes to leave my packages in the rain in puddles! bah!) I went on to explain I was upgrading my phone early etc etc. He asked for my phone # to look up my acct and then after literally 3 whole minutes in silence and exchanging weird glances, he finally tells me it will be cheaper AND faster if i come into the store to order it and have it sent to my house. He said, "People who order with us generally get their orders faster." I'm like, wow this guy clearly thinks i'm dumb. It's obvious that he just wants the commission...BUT THEN...he says, would you like to order it now? I said nah, i'll come back next week. He proceeds to hand me his business card (which is fine, i get it) but he wrote his personal cell phone number down on it and handed it to me with a wink saying, call me or shoot me a text when you're going to come down. It wasn't until i walked away from the counter that I realized he was clearly hitting on me and then I figured out that the whole 3 minutes of staring at my acct was to snoop around on my info. 2 days later, I received a facebook friend request from him. CREEPY!
Needless to say I ordered my phone online but not before I sent him a "nice" message about how unprofessional that was and how creepy I really thought he was. OH, and that he's LUCKY I didn't complain to management. Screw the stores, I HATE PEOPLE!

Upvote 0
2 days later, I received a facebook friend request from him. CREEPY!

PM me a link to your Facebook profile plz k thx bye.

:eek: :D

Stories like that remind me just how much personal information we put in the hands of total idiots on a daily basis. I think I need an alias and a PO box. You always want to trust that it's okay to give such-and-such company your name, phone number, address, social security number and credit card information. And you know what? The company can probably be trusted. But the douchebag at the counter is just some run-of-the-mill idiot getting paid a paltry salary with few to no qualifications, and all you can do is blindly trust that he's not a creep or a scam artist. Just kinda disturbing that they have so much information about the customers.

Anyway. </offtopic>

Upvote 0
Well, it is sad that people are having issues with CS and specific VZW stores. On the other hand, it is nice that I am not the only person to have to deal with these people. The VZW store that I ordered my DX through was not a VZW store but a Verizon Authorized Retail location. Man was that a mistake. Ordered my DX and got it the day it came out and actually by luck as I was told later by a salesperson that they just gave me a phone that belonged to someone else. Then 2 days later, my fiance goes into the same store and ends up waiting 5 weeks for a phone. It wasn't until we called vzw customer service that anything actually happened. Customer service called the store to see if they could find anything out which they did not but magically 2 days later we had the phone.... go figure. I had a friend order his phone 2 weeks after my fiance and he had his phone a week before she did. BAH!!! I do love the DX though, glad I settled on it over the DInc. My fat thumbs would have never gotten use to that tiny screen.

Upvote 0
Okay so I should rephrase. We aren't rude and don't laugh in peoples faces. We can't help but chuckle though when someone comes in and wants one of these phones or expects that they are going to come in and leave with one. You don't know how many times in a day this happens some day. You can either laugh about it or get pissed off thinking about the business you're losing.

So why dont you post a sign up at the door? That way you eliminate the awkward cust/salesman conflict over asking for a product you dont have. Or you could even do like some of the game/movie stores and post when you expect to get something. If you dont have a date thats fine just put a nice lil unknown, or "?". Point is you answer a major question without the awkwardness of having the customer ask and the salesman laugh in frustration.

Upvote 0
I'd have pulled out a notepad and made copious notes, glancing at his nametag a time or two, making sure you got the spelling correct. Then, I'd take a pretend call (can you hold hat thought a second?) and confirm the store location and confirm there are problems with the sales force.

I'd then hang up the phone, shake his hand firmly, giving him a fake name, then walk out. He'd be up half the night worrying about his job.

On the flip side, I have always had a good experience with verizon, in person or on the tele.

chaz

Upvote 0
How about this?
(While this story doesn't relate to the size of the phone, it is an example of the enormous amount of crap i've had to go through to get this phone in my hands! Which will be tomorrow, btw. :] )

I went to my local Verizon Wireless store in the mall. I approached a sales rep asking if they knew of a date of when the DX would be in stock because i'd rather buy it at the store than wait for FedEx. (I have ongoing issues with my FedEx man, who likes to leave my packages in the rain in puddles! bah!) I went on to explain I was upgrading my phone early etc etc. He asked for my phone # to look up my acct and then after literally 3 whole minutes in silence and exchanging weird glances, he finally tells me it will be cheaper AND faster if i come into the store to order it and have it sent to my house. He said, "People who order with us generally get their orders faster." I'm like, wow this guy clearly thinks i'm dumb. It's obvious that he just wants the commission...BUT THEN...he says, would you like to order it now? I said nah, i'll come back next week. He proceeds to hand me his business card (which is fine, i get it) but he wrote his personal cell phone number down on it and handed it to me with a wink saying, call me or shoot me a text when you're going to come down. It wasn't until i walked away from the counter that I realized he was clearly hitting on me and then I figured out that the whole 3 minutes of staring at my acct was to snoop around on my info. 2 days later, I received a facebook friend request from him. CREEPY!
Needless to say I ordered my phone online but not before I sent him a "nice" message about how unprofessional that was and how creepy I really thought he was. OH, and that he's LUCKY I didn't complain to management. Screw the stores, I HATE PEOPLE!

I'd have a sit down with someone's manager, thats a stalker!

Upvote 0
Wow that is scary lol

and i agree with the post
somebody says about how
we are unaware how much info
we put on the web sometimes

People from AF always request me
on facebook/myspace

which i have no issue with, feel free to ask
but if i deny you...stop being a freaking weirdo
and dont get an attitude

lol its just a website lol

be careful tho hon!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones