• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Won't boot anymore - File recovery help, please?

My sister owns a Transformer Prime tablet, and she took a trip to China for school this summer and has all her pictures and stuff on it...but she doesn't have a backup anywhere else because of a couple of reasons.

However, it won't boot anymore. It goes to the screen that says "Asus", right after you power it on and is stuck there until it runs out of battery or you hold the power button and it reboots and gets stuck there again. I can boot it into the bootloader using power+vol down, and select the different options.

I tried installing the USB drivers on my computer and selected Fastboot on the tablet, but using "fastboot devices" on the computer shows nothing. I was hoping I could use fastboot to install CWM and then boot into recovery and use adb to pull her files from the tablet.

Did I miss something? What else can I try? This trip was really important to her, and I'm really hoping I can get her pictures and data off of it for her.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones