1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Won't boot past the 'HTC' welcome screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gemma-anne, May 30, 2011.

1. gemma-anne

gemma-anne Lurker
    None

May 30, 2011
    Earlier today i was listening to music on my phone whilst downloading a few apps. I put my phone down and it went into standby whilst playing the music and downloading the apps. I tried to unlock the phone but no screen would come up, yet my music was still playing and therefore i knew that my phone hadn't turned off for some reason. After the song had finished, instead of going onto the next one, the phone just did nothing. I took the battery out, left it for a few minutes (incase it was merely a case of the battery overheating) and put it back in. When i then turned my phone on it went onto the 'HTC' welcome screen and just stayed on it until i then took the battery out again to turn the phone off. I have done this many times since and i always get the same.
    I have tried to do the recovery but all i get is a black screen with a picture of the phone lying down with two green arrows forming a circle with a downward pointing arrow in the middle. My phone then vibrates a few times and that is it.
    Has anyone got any ideas how to resolve this?

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    There should be a combined button push to access your phone... but I don't know what it is. I think I'd take it back to my carrier and ask them for assistance. I hope you get it up and running soon.

3. radradish

radradish Lurker
    None

May 7, 2011
    Having exact same problem with Desire Z right now! Before I've tried the recovery it was like this:
    ‪boot problem HTC Desire Z‬‏ - YouTube
    After the recovery it's stuck on bare white screen with HTC logo - nothing else, just a static image with no sound.

Waiting for an answer from HTC Support.

From now on I will do backups regularly ; D

4. cybernalle

cybernalle Lurker
    None

Jul 23, 2011
    I am also stuck with this problem and has had no luck in getting the phone to start again, I am currently waitin 20 minutes and counting after have choosen factory reset. Any hints or solution are welcome!

(frooze when surfing, had to take battery out after 30 minutes, then no start...)

5. radradish

radradish Lurker
    None

May 7, 2011
    What's interesting - I 've managed to start it once after a couple of resets (by removing the battery). It worked until I turned off the phone and changed to the other battery. I'm not sure why was that. I was trying to remove SD and SIM card in multiple combinations but not sure if this affected the startup process.

Haven't done a factory reset yet.

6. radradish

radradish Lurker
    None

May 7, 2011
    The factory reset doesn't seem to work - it just hangs after choosing the "FACTORY RESET" menu option with a power button.

HTC (EU) replied simply - try a factory reset. If it doesn't solve the problem, then send it for the repair.

UPDATE: In my Desire Z the motherboard was replaced so it was some kind of hardware issue. Now I lost my trust to HTC products... I will better do backups more frequently....

7. jsmithy1

jsmithy1 Newbie

Apr 2, 2011
    My phone froze tonight and the only way I could switch it off was by removing the battery.

On switching it back on it now goes no further than the white HTC screen.

My PC recognises that it's been plugged in to it, but HTC Sync doesn't it seems. Don't know what to do but don't want to do a factory reset - I am expecting the worst though as the thing seems dead.

Anyone know what might cure the phone?

J

8. radradish

radradish Lurker
    None

May 7, 2011
    Sending it for repair : P

Try the factory reset. IMO you're out of other options.

9. neilbld

neilbld Lurker
    None

Dec 8, 2011
    My HTC Desire S has started to take over a miniute to start up. This happened suddenly, and I have changed nothing on the phone. Taking battery out and then replacing it made no difference. Any idea how to fix this?

Tags: