1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root wont boot past velocity splash screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ally Cat, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Ally Cat

Ally Cat Member
    None

May 25, 2011
    After all the trouble I have been having with my phone in the past week, I thought I had everything figured out and working good again. Now It won't reboot past the splash screen now what??

Advertisement

2. Ally Cat

Ally Cat Member
    None

May 25, 2011
    Well I was able to reboot into recovery and do a nandroid restore, downloaded Titanium backup from the market and am trying to do a restore of programs & system data right now. Some of the apps that are being restored are giving me a parse error! Anyone know what that is about??

I am pretty much freaking out as I am going on a business trip in the morning and as of right now have NO phone! It might be time to user the phone insurance, but what will they replace it with???

3. KingOfGreen

KingOfGreen Android Expert
    None

Nov 3, 2010
    Chandler, Az
    Youll probably get another ally, they surely havent ran out of refurbs yet, i would try a fresh flash of velocity and start from scratch

4. Ally Cat

Ally Cat Member
    None

May 25, 2011
    trying to restore from titanium backup and recieving a parse error, anyone know if I can fix this and get restore to work?

5. AndroidKris

AndroidKris Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 20, 2010

Skip Titanium, write the apps down and fresh install from the market. Then use Titanium to back them up again.
    Oh, and boot back into recovery after everything is how you want it, and wipe /cache and dalvik-cache.

6. Ally Cat

Ally Cat Member
    None

May 25, 2011
    Well took me until 2 am but i have my phone back, yes ended up having to install most of the apps from the market, I read that I should not use any compression using titanium backup? How frustrating, and not really a good feeling not knowing if the back up program will even work if and when you need it!

Thanks for all the input!

Tags: