1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Won't Charge!!! Bootloader screen!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Calais79, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Calais79

Calais79 Newbie

My battery completely died last night and now I'm plugging it in in the morning and it doesn't seem to be charging. I plugged it in via USB and when I press the power button it says "battery low cannot program" on the Bootloader screen. I've read that you cannot charge your phone in the bootloader and the only way is to use someone else's battery or cut up a wall charger and touch the wire directly to the contact points.

My phone is rooted, no ROM, Launcher Pro, HomeSwapper, DroidX OC, with Titanium backup and nandroid backup. Any advice? I kind of don't want to cut up my charger but if I have to its not that much of a problem, tell me what to do. I need my phone ASAP PLEASE HELP!!

Advertisement

2. Bankswood

Bankswood Android Expert

Battery will not charge when stuck in bootloader. You need to find a way to charge it out of the phone. Maybe go to Verizon and ask them to charge it.

3. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

A dead battery takes about 5 minutes of charging before it'll boot again. As Bankswood suggested, it will not charge while in the bootloader. I suggest you try to get out of the bootloader (power it off), plug in and see if you get the charging indicator.