• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Won't charge past 86%

This happened on my non-rooted device this week. In my case, it didn't show a charge past 93%. Then I noticed that, several hours after removing it from the charger, it still showed 93%. Later, it seemed to get "stuck" for a while at 31%.

To resolve, I let my phone run all the way down to zero, i.e. until it shut down with no power. I put it back on the charger at that point, and it charged back to 100%.

I've seen a few threads in this forum about this problem, and letting it drain completely seems to resolve it. I suspect that the battery itself is fine, but the Android/Sense software just isn't reading the battery level correctly.

Upvote 0
This happened on my non-rooted device this week. In my case, it didn't show a charge past 93%. Then I noticed that, several hours after removing it from the charger, it still showed 93%. Later, it seemed to get "stuck" for a while at 31%.

To resolve, I let my phone run all the way down to zero, i.e. until it shut down with no power. I put it back on the charger at that point, and it charged back to 100%.

I've seen a few threads in this forum about this problem, and letting it drain completely seems to resolve it. I suspect that the battery itself is fine, but the Android/Sense software just isn't reading the battery level correctly.

That was my next trouble shoot that I'm doing right now, glad to hear that is likely the issue. I figured that was the issue. I'm starting to miss my recovery, wipe stats would be nice right now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones