1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Won't charge with 3rd party cable/charger

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by VGPod36, Oct 14, 2014.

1. VGPod36

VGPod36 Newbie

I am trying to charge my phone at work, using a 3rd party cable and outlet. This same cable and outlet was previously used to charge my Galaxy S3, and I used a coworkers phone to check if it was working, which it was.

When I plug it in, it gives me the "USB Connector was connected" and then it disappears, but does not charge after that. When I unplug it it says it is disconnected, as it should. Tried the same thing, but with my work computer instead of the plug. Same result...

At home, I use the cable that came with my S3 to charge my S5 at night. The plug is 3rd party, as I haven't bothered to switch out my old bedside setup. This works fine. Can I only use Samsung cables for some reason? This is frustrating...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Vixer

Vixer Member

I don't think so. I am using my old Droid Bionic cord to charge my S5. Works just as well as the Samsung provided cord.

3. VGPod36

VGPod36 Newbie

I've narrowed it down to the cable. I brought in the wall plug that came with my phone, and used the same cable I have at work, Still nothing... Tested it again, still works on other devices.

I think I might buy the wireless charger for work. I'll just have to wait until I can spare the cash. Oh well.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews