• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Won't go into download mode

joehyundai

Lurker
Dec 6, 2010
I have been running cognition 2.2 for a while but I noticed that there was a newer one. I downloaded it but took the phone back to stock first. Now it does not want to go back into download mode or even recovery for that matter. I have been fighting with this for hours now. I reinstalled all drivers, and even wiped the phone with a reset. It simply will not go into download mode. Anyone have any thoughts? This is back to 2.1 and I hate it.....

Somebody recommended that I use the Android SDK to try to reboot it that way but it was all Greek to me. I'm pretty new to phones and there has not been much help in reading the forums.

Could somebody please explain to me how to get this thing back into the download mode in simple terms. I repair computers on the side but I'm a noob with this.:eek:

Somebody recommended that I use the Android SDK to try to reboot it that way but it was all Greek to me. I'm pretty new to phones and there has not been much help in reading the forums.

Download the sdk, it has an adb.exe file in it that will help you. First enable usb debugging in settings>applications>development and open command prompt and run this command "adb reboot download" and voila.

Reactions: joehyundai
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones