• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Won't hold a charge all of a sudden

Well before I go into it, let me explain that I have tried the obvious already. I have 2 OEM batteries and a few different chargers and none of them will solve the problem. One of the batteries was drained all the way and now won't even charge a little.

The phone takes a REALLY long time to fully charge, and when it is fully charged it drains super fast. I thought it may be the ROM I had on it, so I went back to stock rooted and the problem still occurs.

the phone is 22 months old and has been working fine until the last few days. I tried to get an early upgrade through Sprint, but they want $175 to do so even though I have only 60 days left on my contract.

It sounds like you either have 2 bad batteries, or some bad chargers, or worst case, a bad usb port on the phone. As for the upgrade, Sprint changed their plan to allow upgrades at 20 months, so you shouldn't be running into an issue, not to mention that at 22 months, there's no way an ETF is still $175. Sounds like you got some bad info there. Especially considering that the old plans had 22 month upgrades.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones