1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Won't hold a charge all of a sudden

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ams30gts, Jul 31, 2013.

1. ams30gts

ams30gts Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 31, 2010
    Owner, Allied Armory
    Montebello, CA
    Well before I go into it, let me explain that I have tried the obvious already. I have 2 OEM batteries and a few different chargers and none of them will solve the problem. One of the batteries was drained all the way and now won't even charge a little.

The phone takes a REALLY long time to fully charge, and when it is fully charged it drains super fast. I thought it may be the ROM I had on it, so I went back to stock rooted and the problem still occurs.

the phone is 22 months old and has been working fine until the last few days. I tried to get an early upgrade through Sprint, but they want $175 to do so even though I have only 60 days left on my contract.

Advertisement

2. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Android Enthusiast
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    Group Sales Associate/Front Desk Clerk
    Washington (state)
    It sounds like you either have 2 bad batteries, or some bad chargers, or worst case, a bad usb port on the phone. As for the upgrade, Sprint changed their plan to allow upgrades at 20 months, so you shouldn't be running into an issue, not to mention that at 22 months, there's no way an ETF is still $175. Sounds like you got some bad info there. Especially considering that the old plans had 22 month upgrades.