1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wont open pictures in messages

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zuze234, Dec 21, 2012.

1. zuze234

zuze234 Lurker

hello guys how is everyone hopefully good, today while using my htc one x i have ran into a problem that i have never had before, when someone sends me a message with a picture, i can see the small picture but when i click on the thumbnail to view the picture it almost trys to open it then goes to my homescreen, to view any pictures that i get sent, i have to physically save them to my gallery then go in my gallery and open the picture to view it, could somone help me out and tell me a fix for this?

thanks everyone the help is appritiated very much so
    zuze

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. zuze234

zuze234 Lurker

any one have any hints or help? anything will be appritiated.

3. olbriar

olbriar  

Hello zuze234. I want to welcome you to Android Forums. Hopefully someone familiar with your phone will come to your aid. Best of luck and thanks for joining our community.

4. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Android Forums, mate. Unfortunately I have never experienced that before, but have you tried rebooting and/or stimulating a battery pull (holding the power button as well as volume buttons altogether until the device restarts)?

Also are you using the stock Mail application or a different one? And do you, perhaps, have any 3rd party applications that may be messing with the Mail one? Also tell us what firmware you're using (ICS, Jelly Bean, etc.)? You can find that under Settings > About > Software Information.. it is the one that says "Android version".

5. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User

Not a solution but a work-around might be 'Save MMS', free in Play Store :)

Harry

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews