1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wont power on after *228 roanig update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jamesk9, Feb 9, 2011.

1. jamesk9

jamesk9 Lurker

I recently did a *228 roaming update on a factory Eris. After it was finished it did the usual" your phone will power down then restart". It shut down, and hasnt started since. the battery had 70%. while on the charger, I dont get any lights. Ive tried the hard reset, Ive tried powering straight off of AC, Ive left the battery out for 5 mins.. Is there anything else I can try? Again this is an unmodified Eris.

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

It sounds a lot like a hardware problem, I'm sorry to say. I think the roaming update was coincidental.

You could try another power cable, I suppose, just to rule that out as a potential problem.

Sorry, I can't think of anything else. The only other thing is to try to restart it with the hard reset sequence - hold down Vol Dn and the Send key and press power; you should get a prompt to verify that you want to reset.

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews