• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wont power on after *228 roanig update

jamesk9

Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I recently did a *228 roaming update on a factory Eris. After it was finished it did the usual" your phone will power down then restart". It shut down, and hasnt started since. the battery had 70%. while on the charger, I dont get any lights. Ive tried the hard reset, Ive tried powering straight off of AC, Ive left the battery out for 5 mins.. Is there anything else I can try? Again this is an unmodified Eris.

Thanks

It sounds a lot like a hardware problem, I'm sorry to say. I think the roaming update was coincidental.

You could try another power cable, I suppose, just to rule that out as a potential problem.

Sorry, I can't think of anything else. The only other thing is to try to restart it with the hard reset sequence - hold down Vol Dn and the Send key and press power; you should get a prompt to verify that you want to reset.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones