• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Won't send or receive texts to one number

tchr22

Lurker
Sep 11, 2016
Three days ago my LG5 deleted (randomly, apparently) two of my contacts that were next to each other alphabetically. When I re-added one, I discovered that the person is no longer able to receive my texts, nor do I get her texts when she sends them. The phone number works normally for calls.

(The other phone number that I re-added is able to send and receive texts normally.)

Can anyone suggest a fix?

I've tried deleting the contact and re-entering it. Tried rebooting, checking that my backup email account has everything correct... and nothing is working.

(I will add that this is not the first time in the ten months I've owned this phone that contacts have randomly deleted and don't work correctly after being re-entered. I have one other ongoing weird issue related to this. One of my friends' incoming texts come from a number that is one digit off from her real number, and if I reply to that number, of course she doesn't get them. So I must manually remember to type in the correct digit. Again, nothing I've tried seems to fix this... it looks correct in the Contacts list but her texts always arrive from a 305 area code instead of the correct 905 area code.)

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones