1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wont shut off

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by David Ingraham, Nov 6, 2020.

1. David Ingraham

Quick overview of the situation. Bought a G6 on EBay and it has the IMDI removed due to being a display model , so as the ad said, WIFI only. That was all I needed.

Bought it to fly my DJI drone so WIFI was all I need. Get the phone, It's 100% dead. Thought that was wierd. Put a charge on it and the phone started up just fine but didn't ask "English or Spanish?" Figured that was OK since the app loaded just fine and controls worked perfectly.

Went to turn the G6 off and it asks for the password to be shut down. Tried to do a factory reset, and of course, password needed. I can't seem todo anything without the password except for opening apps.

I've downloaded 2 programs thinking they would help the situation. "Reiboot for Android" and "4uKey for Android" and neither has worked.

Any ideas to make this thing so I can shut it off?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

ocnbrze, mikedt, MrJavi and 1 other person like this.
  3. David Ingraham

Huh? Me No Hablo Computer language. I have no idea what to do with this.

puppykickr likes this.
  4. David Ingraham

Downloaded the app, have the power button tile on the screen, hit the icon and screen goes white and says:

Retail Mode
    You are not authorized to perform this action. Check with device administrator for details.

I was hoping this would work because from I've seen, If I can get the phone to shut off, I can do a factory reset, right?

5. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Just keep it plugged in when you can. Sounds like a display model.

puppykickr and Dannydet like this.
  6. David Ingraham

No disrespect, but that sounds about as convenient as carrying a brick around. Especially when all you want it for is to fly the drone around at any given time.

7. dontpanicbobby

VIP Member

I used to carry a brick. A big phone too.
    Never flew a phone though. How does that work?

8. David Ingraham

I never flew a phone either. How does that work? But my post does say fly a DRONE.

9. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

If you do not have admin privileges for the device, you are locked out, period.
    A factory reset will not change anything, you need to contact the original owner to gain access. No workarounds at all

MrJavi and David Ingraham like this.
  10. David Ingraham

That's what I was afraid of. Looks like I'll be doing a return. The seller on E-bay already said that wouldn't be a problem.

ocnbrze, dontpanicbobby and Dannydet like this.
  11. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Ebay sellers are hit or miss when it comes to phones, tablets, etc... Buyer beware

puppykickr, MrJavi and ocnbrze like this.
  12. dontpanicbobby

VIP Member

I thought, there was a slot, to insert a phone. Controller sold separately.

13. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

Maybe check out the developer options.

Some devices had a way to turn off the 'demo mode' off.

Also, check the settings in security and see the device administrators that are active.

Perhaps one of those is the cause.

Dannydet likes this.

LG G6 Forum

The LG G6 release date was March 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 821 processor, and 3300mAh battery.

March 2017
Release Date
Reviews