• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Won't stop contact sync?

Huitzi

Oct 21, 2008
Well so far I've been thoroughly enjoying my g1 til this snag:

I noticed I had a lot of double contacts after importing them from my SIM card so I decided to edit my contacts via PC on my gmail account. Edited what I had to and streamlined my contacts. After that my G1 hasn't stopped it's contact sync! So far it has been about 3 hours... It's draining the battery something awful and the only way I've found to halt it was to just turn off contact sync in the phone's options.

Anyone else having this issue? Any idea how to fix it? Turning off sync is a workaround but certainly not a permanent solution. I want to keep using my phone just like before...

:thinking:

thanks!

I'm also experiencing this problem. I have to assume this will be one of the first things addressed via updates as battery life is ruined by this default setting.

Another thread mentioned T-Mobile customer care telling people to turn off auto-sync to improve battery life, so it sounds like the right people are at least aware of the problem.

Upvote 0
I found a workaround until they fix this.

1. Basically, export all of your Google Contacts.
  2. Delete ALL Contacts
  3. Sync Phone
  4. Import Contacts
  5. Sync Phone
This has worked for me, and now my battery is back to normal.

HTH,

Tithefug

This worked!!!! Thank you very much. My wife's phone had this problem whereas mine didn't. Needless to say, I was messing around with different settings on both phones without success. Your solution worked though. Thank you!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones