• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Won't stream audio from website...

JAROAM

Jan 15, 2012
So I hit up an online music source, web-radio or the other myriad things it's being called these days, and hit play on the site's player. Notta. the player says it's buffering and then counts up as if it's playing, but no audio. If I hit the site with a BlackBerry or even, God forbid, as iOS device, it streams/plays with no problem. So what's the problem with my Android? Where's my audio goodness?! Thoughts?

So I hit up an online music source, web-radio or the other myriad things it's being called these days, and hit play on the site's player. Notta. the player says it's buffering and then counts up as if it's playing, but no audio. If I hit the site with a BlackBerry or even, God forbid, as iOS device, it streams/plays with no problem. So what's the problem with my Android? Where's my audio goodness?! Thoughts?

What site are you trying to stream?

Upvote 0
I suppose I could give an example, but none in particular. None of the biggies. Seems I go to a site, hit play, and nothin'. I hit my phone's volume thinking it'll turn up the volume but instead it turns up my ringer volume. Due to that, I can't help but think somehow it doesn't see it as an audio source.

Upvote 0
How long have you had the phone?

When did this start happening?

Do you recall installing or "changing" anything within the settings prior to this happening?

What browser are you using?

Are you able to go into your settings option withing said browser and reset to default your options?

Does this happen in say - youtube?

Upvote 0
Had my phone now for about 8 months or so. Just now really started noodling around to to webradio sites. No, don't recall changing or even installing anything. I just hit the search/magnifying glass icon, type in a site, and off I go. No, does not happen in YouTube.

When I hit an audio player on these sites, I do see a black square appear then disappear quickly, as if something triggered. That mean anything?

Upvote 0
Had my phone now for about 8 months or so. Just now really started noodling around to to webradio sites. No, don't recall changing or even installing anything. I just hit the search/magnifying glass icon, type in a site, and off I go. No, does not happen in YouTube.

When I hit an audio player on these sites, I do see a black square appear then disappear quickly, as if something triggered. That mean anything?

I'm sorry man, but you're going to have to throw us a bone and at least give us one or two of the sites this is happening on.

I know you probably work in the CIA but I promise you no one here either cares or is too busy rooting phones to come after you.

I know for awhile I was having issues with Soundcloud but seems to have "fixed itself" or whatever and now it works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones