• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Won't turn on after battery drain

bonsly16

Aug 31, 2011
So my phone running CM 10.1, turned off randomly. So I tried to reboot but kept getting stuck on the Samsung boot logo. I rebooted to CWM recovery mode, wiped cache and dalvik and rebooted which I thought would fix the problem somehow which it did. However, when it said "Android upgrading", my phone lost battery (thought the phone charger was plugged in). When I plugged it in the outlet it used to bring me to the battery charging logo but after I tried turning it on afterwards, it refused. The phone doesn't respond when I tried to turn it on and when I plug it into the outlet, there is no battery indicator. How can I fix this? Somehow, the phone might be trying to continue to turn on but is not responding when I try to actually turn it on. When I plug the charger, take off the battery, unplug and replug charger, the battery charging led lights up for 5 minutes. So, there's faint life in there still, just need to revive it!

Ive read that if a battery is allowed to fully discharge, its very hard to bring it back to life. Normally the phone would shut itself down well before the battery got to 0% but since you were in recovery mode and then in a long boot while the apps got optimized, it may have went to 0%. Think ive read that theres ways to revive it but ive never had to read up on it. Otherwise, try a new battery. Good luck man :thumbup:

Upvote 0
Ive read that if a battery is allowed to fully discharge, its very hard to bring it back to life. Normally the phone would shut itself down well before the battery got to 0% but since you were in recovery mode and then in a long boot while the apps got optimized, it may have went to 0%. Think ive read that theres ways to revive it but ive never had to read up on it. Otherwise, try a new battery. Good luck man :thumbup:

So there might be a possibility that it's a battery issue. I couldn't find anything in reviving a completely discharged battery so I should probably try to use a another battery. Right, now I pulled it out and waiting for an hour before plugging it back in. I really need my phone for tomorrow, where could I find to buy spare batteries? Like Bestbuy? Cause buying through online will take a while, and I'm not even 100% sure it's a battery issue.

Anyone have any ideas, regarding reviving the battery and/or buying a spare battery?

Upvote 0
Yeah any phone shop. Try the battery before buying though incase that isnt the problem :thumbup:

Yeah I just went to the Sprint Store, unfortunately they're not a tech service so they're not licensed to place a freaking battery in my phone to see if it works. I have to go to another Sprint certified tech store ten miles away to check the problem. I don't know if they're gonna allow me to use a spare battery just to check my phone and I don't have insurance/warranty. Anyone know of any experiences with Sprint checking your phone's battery issues?

Upvote 0
Yeah I just went to the Sprint Store, unfortunately they're not a tech service so they're not licensed to place a freaking battery in my phone to see if it works. I have to go to another Sprint certified tech store ten miles away to check the problem. I don't know if they're gonna allow me to use a spare battery just to check my phone and I don't have insurance/warranty. Anyone know of any experiences with Sprint checking your phone's battery issues?

After many years of putting up with Sprint and their hard nosed policies and unfriendly unhelpful service. On the 13th of this Month I dropped them as my provider, and am now using Virgin Mobil.
Also everything unlimited no stupid 2 year contract, and $20 less per Month. and I might add getting Sprint to end my contract was like having a tooth pulled,Sprint made me wait till the exact day on my contract ended, and then I had to talk to three people being put on hold and answering the same stupid questions. They even wanted to know if I have someone I could turn my contract over to.:rolleyes:
Am I happy to be rid of SPRINT.:)

Upvote 0
After many years of putting up with Sprint and their hard nosed policies and unfriendly unhelpful service. On the 13th of this Month I dropped them as my provider, and am now using Virgin Mobil.
Also everything unlimited no stupid 2 year contract, and $20 less per Month. and I might add getting Sprint to end my contract was like having a tooth pulled,Sprint made me wait till the exact day on my contract ended, and then I had to talk to three people being put on hold and answering the same stupid questions. They even wanted to know if I have someone I could turn my contract over to.:rolleyes:
Am I happy to be rid of SPRINT.:)

Yikes, doesn't sound good. If they can't accommodate my simple request at the store, I don't know what to think.

Upvote 0
Instead of sprint id just try a small independant store. If their battery works, theyve just won a sale ;)

Okay, so I just finished visiting the Sprint store and the lady tested my battery. The device somehow couldn't read my battery, meaning that the battery is most likely dead. She suggested I buy another which I will end up doing, Amazon seems to be the cheapest option. Although, she didn't have a spare battery to check if my phone could still work (hopefully whatever caused the battery completely draining didn't affect the internals of the phone), so I'm really hoping my phone would work again with a new battery. But, now I have an almost definite reason as to why my phone isn't turning on.

Anyways, thanks for your encouraging words. Gave me hope that I haven't lost my phone forever.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones