• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wont turn on!! Please help!!

Dnay9

Lurker
Jul 19, 2013
Hello!

Lets start of at what happened.

One day I was reinserting the battery. I had my hands full with other stuff and while I was powering it on, I was acedently holding the volume rocker down or up I don't remember. But instead of the phone powering on it went to recovery mode. Then the battery fell out. I reinserted it again and it wont power on. I take the battery out and connect the usb charger and it still wont power on. Im willing to do anything but get a new phone. Can anybody please help me?

Hello!

Lets start of at what happened.

One day I was reinserting the battery. I had my hands full with other stuff and while I was powering it on, I was acedently holding the volume rocker down or up I don't remember. But instead of the phone powering on it went to recovery mode. Then the battery fell out. I reinserted it again and it wont power on. I take the battery out and connect the usb charger and it still wont power on. Im willing to do anything but get a new phone. Can anybody please help me?

Welcome to Android Forums, Dnay9.

Try this:

1. Turn the power off. If your Nexus S 4G is frozen, pull the battery, sd card and SIM card out and reinsert it
  2. Hold the Volume Down button
  3. Press and release the Power button
  4. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
  5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
  6. Press and release the Power button
  7. Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES

Upvote 0
Welcome to Android Forums, Dnay9.

Try this:

1. Turn the power off. If your Nexus S 4G is frozen, pull the battery, sd card and SIM card out and reinsert it
  2. Hold the Volume Down button
  3. Press and release the Power button
  4. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
  5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
  6. Press and release the Power button
  7. Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES

It still wont turn on :c

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones