• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wont turn on unless connected to charger

kayos777

Lurker
Jan 5, 2013
Hello community,

my samsung vibrant has been by reliable companion for about 2 years now and i have rooted it a long time ago. I recently started coming up with a problem where:

The phone is showing a loading icon a smal white frayed circle in the middle when its turned off.

The phone wont turn on unless i connect it to the charger that is connected to the wall and press the up volume button and the power on button.

When its connected to the computer it goes straight to download mode with yellow android icon appearing with the shovel

When its not connected to any power source and is turned off the phone continuously flashes the loading icon that i mentioned above.

any ideas on whats up?

Also i think this problem might have occured when i tried to clean files from the main sd card that were useless or i thought were useless as apps can leave behind many folders once uninstalled.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones