• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Won't Turn On

Samsung Galaxy S5 SM900H, Android version is Marshmallow
It used to be that you could boot into the warning screen prior to download mode and choose cancel/reboot and it would boot past that message.

If that doesn't work and I'm not sure if it still does, then i imagine you did the root incorectly. There is a few different ways to fix your device. Rooted non rooted etc.
Let's see what the forums respond with.

Upvote 0
"Odin", I presume it's a Samsung of some sort. But we need to know exactly what you've got there. How exactly did you try to root it?
i root it follow the instructions, this is the steps :
- Download and unzip the CF-Auto-Root-....zip file (see posts below this one)
- If you end up with a recovery.img and cache.img file, you've extracted twice. You need to end up with a .tar.md5 file - don't extract that one
- (USB) Disconnect your phone from your computer
- Start Odin3-vX.X.exe
- Click the PDA button, and select CF-Auto-Root-....tar.md5
- Put your phone in download mode (turn off phone, then hold VolDown+Home+Power to boot - if it asks you to press a button to continue, press the listed button, or run adb reboot download command)
- (USB) Connect the phone to your computer
- Make sure Repartition is NOT checked
- Click the Start button
- Wait for Android to boot
- Done

Upvote 0
i root it follow the instructions, this is the steps :
- Download and unzip the CF-Auto-Root-....zip file (see posts below this one)
- If you end up with a recovery.img and cache.img file, you've extracted twice. You need to end up with a .tar.md5 file - don't extract that one
- (USB) Disconnect your phone from your computer
- Start Odin3-vX.X.exe
- Click the PDA button, and select CF-Auto-Root-....tar.md5
- Put your phone in download mode (turn off phone, then hold VolDown+Home+Power to boot - if it asks you to press a button to continue, press the listed button, or run adb reboot download command)
- (USB) Connect the phone to your computer
- Make sure Repartition is NOT checked
- Click the Start button
- Wait for Android to boot
- Done
If you go to the official cf autoroot site, your device is not listed....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones