1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Won't turn on

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lnb, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Lnb

Lnb Newbie
    None

Apr 30, 2011
    My phone won't turn on. I've taken out the battery and reinserted but it doesn't help.

Could I have overcharged the battery? It was on the charger for 24 hours.

:(

Advertisement

2. droidem

droidem Newbie
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    Are you sure it was definitely charged? The first time I charged the Charge after it had died, I thought I had it plugged in and charging for several hours. I went to try to turn the phone on, but nothing... Then I realized the charger wasn't fully plugged in on one of the ends and it just wasn't turning on because it hadn't been charged at all and was still dead.

Double check the power cord at both ends, your phone and the wall socket and the cord to to make sure everything is plugged in tightly. Then give it a few minutes, and try turning it on again.

Hopefully the solution for you is something simple like the above and not a defective battery / phone :)

3. Lnb

Lnb Newbie
    None

Apr 30, 2011
    Yep, took it to the Verizon store ............ duh stupid charger was not working correctly!!!!

Talk about feeling stupid ............ lol

:eek:

4. Rominucka

Rominucka Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 29, 2011
    It's hard to explain
    Delray Beach, FL
    The micro usb port is pretty tight compared to other phones I've had, so I thought maybe you thought it was in all the way but wasn't. Glad to hear it was just a bunk charger. This phone needs to be enjoyed and not worried over.