1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support won't turn on

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Shindiggah, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Shindiggah

Shindiggah New Member

Jun 9, 2012
    I've owned my Play for approximately 5-6 months now(not sure whether or not this serves any relevance) and it has worked fine throughout. However, yesterday as I was sending a text the phone completely crashed. (Which is fine, I understand some bit of data may have overloaded the OS causing this)

However, as I tried rebooting my phone nothing happened and the light on the power button simply blinked red 3 times.

I've attempted taking out the battery, connecting it to a computer and even charging it overnight but nothing seems to work.

So in shorter terms, my phone won't turn on; a red light flashes whenever I push the button, what do I do?

Advertisement

2. ch3mn3y

ch3mn3y Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    I had problem with it too. I had waited a week and phone started like always. I dont know why. It turned off after sth (i think update - i had unlocked bootloader - but i didnt do any) and after week starts and work since now.

3. Jake-SonyXperia

Jake-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2011
    I would suggest performing a software repair using the Update Service as this does seem as though it is related to the software, however I would only suggest this if you are using the stock android operating system that has not been modified.

4. ch3mn3y

ch3mn3y Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Jake-SonyXperia. He said:
    As i said after updating with unlocked bootloader got similar problem -phone dont start, but i didn get any led light (even while connect to phone/charging). I waited week and phone starts. Still dont know what was/is wrong.

5. suvalle55

suvalle55 Member

Jun 29, 2011
    dowload flashtool and a version of your stock rom(on your computer), then simply reflash the rom and your good to go