1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Woot! HTC Inspire 4G here I come...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Shelbster, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Shelbster

Shelbster Guest

Just delete

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Android26

Android26 Android Enthusiast

that thing is huge though

3. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Android Expert

and has a tiny battery

4. tylerdurdin

tylerdurdin Android Enthusiast

and not much better specs than anything out currently. :(

5. Shelbster

Shelbster Guest

editing can be fun for all.

6. goodm0urning

goodm0urning Member

you think this would work if i've been with AT&T for years and years and am still on my first Cap and just loathe this device?

7. Shelbster

Shelbster Guest

+1

8. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert

Yeah it should I called and they placed a note in my account and so I just have to call back when the phone I want is released (considering the atrix). I have had at&t for like 6yrs.

Just ask to speak to the wonderful customer retention team and they will try to do whatever it takes to make you stay with them. (however they wont budge on the iphone prices, I never wanted an iphone but thats what they told me no discounts or special pricing for that but I could pick any other phone)

9. robhs

robhs Well-Known Member

I'd go for the Atrix, if you can wait.

10. drewl68

drewl68 Lurker

I like the captivate alot, have cog 3.2 but by the sounds of it, if you want a bug free easy to use phone, you should buy an iphone. I had the 3g and 3gs and they were awesome. I went to android and find it a little less polished then ios 4, unless you root it and get rid of all the bloat ware. Custom roms make the phone alot better and I mean alot!

11. The Shape

The Shape Well-Known Member

I too am on my 3rd Captivate. Each one I've had has had it's own problems. My current phone is doing the random shutdown thing and I've had it with this phone!

12. sremick

sremick Android Expert

The iPhone has its own set of problems. Certainly a simplified, dumbed-down device like the iPhone is going to have fewer issues and quirks.

A butter knife is easier and more problem free than a chainsaw, but don't try to cut a tree with it.

If the GPS on the Captivate would just work reliably, it'd be almost perfect.

Android26 likes this.
  13. xeni0o

xeni0o Newbie

Sorry to dissapoint you but you won't be getting one. They will give you the option of getting a different refurbished model but since this phone is so new they won't have it in the warranty center and they will not ship you a new one. The same thing I went through when I had my backflip and tried to get an Aria before they gave me the captivate since they had a surplus.

14. qwertyaas

qwertyaas Android Enthusiast

Pretty much. You are eligible to change to a different phone once, but not every phone is available.

15. Shelbster

Shelbster Guest

Actually, I don't care, Im getting the phone I want!

16. Shelbster

Shelbster Guest

I got nothing.

17. xeni0o

xeni0o Newbie

When you talk to customer service they will tell you that you can get any phone that you want besides the IPhone but once you get to talk to the warranty department that is no longer the case. I have been a customer for over 7 years now (3 line family line) so maybe you have me beat. But please do let us know how you make out.

18. Shelbster

Shelbster Guest

I've already spoken.

19. Shelbster

Shelbster Guest

20. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Sounds like a tough fix to be in.

21. chicknlil

chicknlil Android Enthusiast

10 characters.

22. dario69

dario69 Newbie

I am still trying to find those problems you are talking about sremick.:) Other than not needing to put a custom rom on to fix my original problems.

Yes, it is definitely dumbed down though, I will give you that.

Personally, I like precision so a chainsaw isn't something I would take with me when I need to cut an apple - or make a phone call.

My only complaints - I miss the HTC dialer. I really do. And access to the storage via USB. Other than that, I am missing nothing. No problems, just does what it is supposed to do. Better battery life, a ton of great apps, and screen that is second to the Captivate. Not quite there but that was the only reason I tolerated Sammy for so long. That lovely screen.

My dream device? Win Phone 7 Focus with USB access to storage (no reg hacks) and the iPhone4 battery life. And more apps. Then I can walk away from Apple. Android? You just are not ready for my primary phone at this point. Work, yes, but not personal. The one that matters.

23. ranova

ranova Android Enthusiast

pluses:
    when HTC says youll get an update, youll get it
    GPS works
    It doesnt lag like sh*t

24. Simba501

Simba501 Android Enthusiast

I think 256 more mb of ram (768mb) is pretty significant.

*And I forgot to mention the likelihood that the GPS will function reliably.

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews