1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Word suggestion only shows me what I typed not any suggestions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by smr108, Apr 15, 2012.

1. smr108

smr108 Lurker

I just upgraded to ICS on my S2 skyrocket. When I am typing a text message for example the word suggestion shows what I typed and some really unrelated words. if I select my word in the bar it asks me to save it. I know it only shows three words now but it does not offer any helpful suggestions. I am a terrible speller and would love to get it to predict better. Anyone have any ideas??

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bolm86

bolm86 Newbie

Have you tried any other keyboards?? My suggestion would be to give Swiftkey a try. It is great at word prediction.

3. MCW

MCW Newbie

Under Android Keyboard settings make sure Show Suggestions checked. Under Sambsung Keyboard settings make sure XT9 checked. Under Swype Keyboaard settings get into Word Suggestion and make sur Word Suggestion checked.

4. smr108

smr108 Lurker

Thank you for the help. I will try swift key. The Samsung and swipe keyboards worked really well. I set up everything on the Android keypad but it still does not work. Very strange.

5. smr108

smr108 Lurker

Swift Key is awesome!!! I'm sold!!!

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews