• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Word Warz needs your help

Hi guys and gals,
I just finished my first android game Word Warz. I want to figure out what android phones that it works on.

I know the program works on 1.6-2.2 android OS, and that it doesn't work with the Droid X. If anyone has time and can download the Word Warz demo on the android market and let me know if the game works on your device I would appreciate it
smile.gif

Thanks,
Jdub

So I downloaded it on my Evo running froyo. It worked fine. I thought the concept was cool, but it didn't seem intuitive enough for me to select how many players were playing. Also my biggest surprise is how large of an installation file it actually was. Is there any way to trim that down? It seemed a little excessive in size for the type of app it was. It is over 6MB. Also the easy mode is TOO EASY. I got to go first and was able to beat the computer the second time he went every time with different words. Plus maybe it should randomly start you off with a letter so you can't keep playing the same word every time. I think it would be way more impressive and popular if it allowed multiple players (I understand that is complications in that though for a beginning developer)

Reactions: jdubstudios
Upvote 0
cool thx, ya i will make chubs actually harder, right now he just throws out random letters, and I will think of a better way to add players... as far as online goes I plan to make it so other players can play via the internet once I get enough revenue to buy a server :)

That's good. There are patterns in the english language you can look into. For example if a person plays a q always play a u. Stuff like that.

Upvote 0
i updated the demo so chubs should be more difficult. Razzle for helping me out if you want I send you the full version of the game for free via email if you want. Thanks Again :)

Chubs was more challenging and fun that time around. I think I'll wait and possible buy the full version later on! I want to let you know while playing Z for some reason Chubs went twice and played O and then O again. I was trying to see if I can get him to do it again, but he didn't. Also as far as free versus paid version go. If you notice the paid version not selling you may want to just add ads to your app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones