• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wordfeud - multiplayer Scrabble for Android

Add me to those wanting a friends list. I also wouldn't mind the ability to block people. I know there's an auto resign after forty-eight hours of inactivity but I'd love to be able to delete a game after an hour of NO play at all. I have six games from yesterday and this morning just sitting there because the other player never made the first play. Or, you could, you know... publish their gps coordinates for us? ;-)

User profiles would be nice, too. I used a "throw away" email that I use for all apps until I trust them. Wouldn't mind being able to change that, now.

Aside from that, thank you for such a spectacular game!

Jessie
(user name on wordfeud is Jessiesmind if anyone wants to play.)

Upvote 0
Lots of connection issues here too.

So far completed about 15 games and won them all, having played Scrabble like 5 times in my life before this surprises me. Anyways, quite enjoying it, nice little time filler and really works well as a mobile 'play'n go' type game.

Friends lists, chat notification sounds, some sort of local and global achievements ladder (best total score, word score, winning percentage etc), rapidfire game with like 2min turns... These would all be good additions.

Upvote 0
Just downloaded this, it's very polished, so well done there. I love that it supports SD card installation and push notification.

I understand the need for ads and don't usually mind them in apps, but I think in this they're more than a little intrusive. I'll also keep an eye on my battery after reading several people here complaining about that. Bit early for me to notice anything yet. But the game itself is great fun. I'd happily pay for it if you find a way to do that in the future.

Upvote 0
in regards to the ads, i have a problem. everytiem i make a turn, it goes to the ad, which is fine, however, i cant do anything more in the game. i cant bpass the ad, or even click on it. i have to go into ATK, and kill the app, then go back into Wordfeud everytime. i've even let it sit, and clicked on the menu and back buttons, and it doesnt do anything.

others tell me to "tap" in the black space, and there should be a popup that will allow you to continue through the ad, but that doesnt' work for me. I'm on a Samsung Moment.

other than that, great game. i'm also for the buddy list / stats feature.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the suggestions. Pinch to zoom is something that I'd like to add for sure.

I see your point about the ads. As much as I'd like to release a paid version without ads, the fact is that Google simply won't allow developers from Norway (where I live) to sell applications on the Market. Hopefully this will change soon, but Google has been very quiet about their plans, so I really don't know when a paid version will be available.

I'll see if I can find a way of making it easier to place tiles in zoomed out mode. Maybe by offsetting the tile so that it appears slightly above the point of touch.

As for the default zoom level I think people have different preferences. Maybe this could be something you could configure in the Settings screen, or perhaps Wordfeud could remember the zoom level you had last time when you open a game? Something to think about for sure.

By the way, I've set up a feedback page here:
Customer Feedback for Wordfeud

It's pretty cool in that it allows you to post ideas for improvements that you'd like to see, and then other people can place votes on the ideas they like.

Awesome game. Glad Android finally has a good WordsWithFriends clone.

The above suggestions would all be welcome.

The ads don't bother me one bit.

Custom notifications based on our own mp3s in the notifications folder of the SD card would be great.

A way to test a word without playing it would be great as well, though I understand that it could be a competitive advantage so it should be an option at start of the game that players would have to agree on.

I would also like the ability to re-arrange my tiles even when it isn't my turn.

Thanks again,

DaveJ

Upvote 0
Hbwares - great job on creating this app. 5 months of development is a long time.

Ads - I don't mind the ads and since Google won't let you load a pay version we'll just have to suck it up for now

Board - great colors, I have no problem with double tapping to zoom in and out. Pinch zoom would be awesome, but not a deal breaker

Score - Is there a way to create a scoreboard or have a rating so you can see how well you perform compared to others?

Thanks for listening feedback, but remember this is your app, don't let us change it too much. Some of the ideas on this forum would be a little intrusive and over powering for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones