• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wordfeud - multiplayer Scrabble for Android

An idea for a feature... how about a log of ones old results? Wouldn't have to be a public ranking or anything like that, just a private record. Either accessible on the website, or even saved to a log file on the sd card, with one line per finished game:

WIN anlag 404 someone 387
LOSS anlag 344 someoneelse 360
etc.

I'd like it, anyway. But Swedish dictionary still a higher priority hey. ;-)

Upvote 0
I love it, the only thing I really question is the dictionary.
My game with my boyfriend, I felt like a cheater because I won with "luv" and we both also used words like "li" and "ti" and "os"
I mean, we used them, and that was bad, but the fact we COULD use them seemed a little strange.

Other than that though, I love it app. It's tons of fun :)
I don't have much of a problem with the ads, they've only popped up once or twice since I started playing which was 2 days ago, so no big deal to me :)
You did a great job. Thanks!

Upvote 0
The dictionary is pretty good.
To be good at scrabble, you should learn the two letter words.
and the only vowel, only consonant, and Q without U words.
Knowing these will get you out of a lot of binds.

Two letter words:
Two-Letter and Three-Letter Scrabble Words

Thanks for the link. I had given up on actually being good at this game, but maybe I'll give it another shot.. The one time I did play, there were a few "What the crap, that's so not a real word!" moments lol.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the link. I had given up on actually being good at this game, but maybe I'll give it another shot.. The one time I did play, there were a few "What the crap, that's so not a real word!" moments lol.

For that reason I complemented by installing also a searchable dictionary. Wouldn't use it to be better at the game as that would be a bit pointless, but it's great for looking up what some of the words played mean. QI? Of course!

Thanks for providing ad-free version by the way.

Upvote 0
I hope to find this Zippy you speak of, sounds like a good challenge (heres hoping they're not some lamer sitting in front of a PC with an anagram solver).

you can always invite him/her since you know the nick now. :) I'll invite zippy...LOL. I think the time limit is cool for me. I played with ppl who are in the east coast. I would wake up at 6am and course the person been waiting for like 4-5 hours (depends on when they wake up and play). Im not in the state of mind to play right away when i first open my eyes. ;) I think for those that want quick time you should just play the max # of games..that way your chances of playing continuous is pretty high. :) hit me up...if you want. im an 'ok' player dont expect a 5 mins turn around time (most days) :) nick is justdoit

Upvote 0
So far I've only played with my friends and we just keep games going for a couple days with no pressure to take turns. When playing with strangers are you expected to be focused on the game from beginning to end, responding quickly?

There are no such requirements or expectations. I suppose if someone always waits 47 hours between playing that's maybe a stretch, but I for instance tend to play on the train to work, on the train back and when relaxing in the evening. I don't feel obliged to continuously check my phone for the sake of a game where the opponent may very well be on the other side of the world. It's now possible to run 30 games, should think that's enough for people who want to play very much. I find with 5-8 games running I've already got a round to play more often than not.

Upvote 0
Umm Hi. Sorry just rejected a couple ppl in my sleepy haze. Thank's for the complements. But to clear couple things up
1) no not gamer
2) lose some too.....just win more
3) UK timezone (6hrs ahead of central)
4) play when i can, don't expect a move every 2 mins.
5) been getting quite a few invites since name appeared here.....sorry can't always play.
Enjoy a good game with a challenge. Based in UK.

Upvote 0
Been playing this for a while now and love it. Just paid for the ad free version, just to give the dev some thanks really though the pop up ads were getting a touch annoying.

Player stats would be great.

Rotwang is my username so feel free to send me an invite. I'm in the UK and play when I can, can't guarantee taking a turn every 5 minutes though...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones