1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Words with Friends Notifications showing in "Ongoing" section of system tray

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by xcon, Dec 18, 2012.

1. xcon

xcon Lurker

Let me start by saying that we have two Samsung Galaxy S3 phones on Verizon Wireless running Android Jellybean 4.1. One of the phones has this problem and the other does not. The problem started happening last night (about 3 days after the upgrade to Jellybean). To date, I have tried clearing the program data, uninstalling, reinstalling and the problem persists.

Here is the problem. When I have a few scrabble (Words with Friends or WWF) games going and it is my turn, WWF shows a message at the top saying "You have N moves to play" where N is the number of games waiting on my play. That notification then shows in my "Ongoing" notification section of the system tray. This is annoying because A: I cannot dismiss the alert, B: it's ugly, C: my other phone does not have this issue.

The ONLY way to dismiss the notification is to turn off notifications on the game itself, which I don't want to do. Or, I could (of course) make a move on all games waiting on my turn....What should happen is the game should cause a standard system notification when someone else makes a move. Then I can either select the notification or dismiss it...it SHOULD NOT always show how many moves I have.

Each phone is running the exact same version of WWF and Jellybean. On my other phone, when I have games waiting on my play, WWF does not display an alert to tell me how many moves I have.

What gives?

WWF Notification: [​IMG] Pasteboard — Uploaded Image
    Ongoing System Notification: [​IMG]Pasteboard — Uploaded Image

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download