• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Words With Friends Now Available for Android

phandroid

Admin News Bot
Apr 12, 2008
Why did this come out in the middle of Mobile World Congress, one of the busiest conferences of the year? How will I get any work done? I digress. Words With Friends from Zynga (the makers of several highly popular Facebook games including Farmville) is now available for Android. It is a Scrabble clone that [...]

More...

I have a DX and don't see to have any extra drain. Sure, if you are playing the game, you'll use a lot of battery just from having the screen on so much. But, just having the games in progress, but the phone sleeping, no, that doesn't appear to be affecting me much, if any.

I play WWF all day and it was 3% of my battery usage, I still had 30% of my battery after 17 hours of use on my HTC Desire HD.
Well, sure the CPU use of the game isn't very much, but playing the game obviously has a much greater effect on the battery than 3%, but that's all reflected in display usage stats.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones