• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Words with friends

If that doesnt work unmount the SD card, install the app, then mount the SD card again.

I had this problem with Beautiful Widgets the noticed it more frequently with some other apps. Not sure what the problem is and can be a pain to stop and unmount the card but it works.

anyone have issues installing? It downloads from the market but won't succesfully install on my milestone.

Upvote 0
I have the Incredible. So far, in the two games I've played I had a large lead on points with plenty of tiles left and the game suddenly was over and I lost. Is this a bug, or am I missing something in the rules?
Yes, that happened to 2 games my wife was playing last night. One right after the other.

Does this record your records anywhere? Is there some sort of leaderboard or is there something that shows what your record is that either you or others can see?

Upvote 0
I have the Incredible. So far, in the two games I've played I had a large lead on points with plenty of tiles left and the game suddenly was over and I lost. Is this a bug, or am I missing something in the rules?

That happened to me 4 times last night. To the other player it looked like the game was still ongoing. I uninstalled and reinstalled and the games came back up as playable when I logged back in. Apparently clearing the apps data and cache will also let you log back in and fix the issue.

Reactions: AceRockola
Upvote 0
I thought I read somewhere that this game supports push notifications when your turn comes. Am I missing the setting or is that not a feature (yet)? Also, Zynga needs to go ahead and release a paid version as the full screen ads after each move are uber annoying.

Yep it's supposed to be supported on 2.2 and up. No sounds, but it does pop up in the notification bar. Also, there's no setting to turn it on or off, it just kinda either words or it doesn't.
For the most part it seems like I'm getting notifications anywhere from 2-10 minutes after somebody plays a word. There's been a couple times I don't think I got notified, but for the most part it seems to work.

Upvote 0
I'm getting notifications off and on. Maybe it's just a bug that needs to be worked out in an update. After all this is version 1 for us. [Captivate]

I haven't gotten this yet, but I've only been playing off and on.

:lol:

I love how a lot of people r complaining n comparing to wordfeud. It just came out n its the free version. I'm sure the paid will have all options

Upvote 0
I'm gonna give the devs a little leeway here since this is the first available port of WWF. With that being said, after all my games are through with my IOS friends I will be uninstalling. The app is a battery hog, having used 30% of my battery while playing a little over 45 minutes. I also have been having FC issues, not with the app itself, but with system apps on the phone which was never a problem until I installed the app. I also have noticed a sluggyness of the phone that didn't go away after I cleaned the cache.

The other little stuff like the lack of notification settings, friends lists, game ui stuff is not a big deal, I know it will get fixed sooner or later. But until the major stuff is figured out I won't be using it.

Upvote 0
If you're looking for Chess with Friends, have you tried Chess Buddies? This is a shameless plug, but I was also looking for Chess with Friends on Android and didn't find it - so I decided to write a version instead of wait.

It's free and doesn't have ads - I figure I hate ads and they don't make any money, so what's the use. I wanted to make this for myself and if anyone else finds it fun, then all the better!

If you're looking for an Android app that lets you play chess against others, check out Chess Buddies and let me know what you think. I'm constantly looking for ways to make it better!

Thanks!

Upvote 0
the new update shows that notifications are PULLED from their server and not properly pushed. By default the notifications are set to 5 minutes... thats ridiculous. Zynga needs to implement push notifications (which requires 2.2+).
Absolutely agree.

Only problem is that this is more of a pure port of the ipod version than something written with Android in mind (i.e. the settings option on the screen, not getting to settings by hitting the menu button on the phone). With that being the case, I don't see them getting to this any time soon.

Upvote 0
the new update shows that notifications are PULLED from their server and not properly pushed. By default the notifications are set to 5 minutes... thats ridiculous. Zynga needs to implement push notifications (which requires 2.2+).

I've been trying to figure out how the notifications work... After the new update, I set it to never, and still get notified almost immediately.

I can deal with the occasional force closes, and needing to clear data if a game shows ended early... But today I got a message from a friend that our game had completely vanished. Sure enough, I open it up and a message pops up saying something about needing to repair and restart. Had to log back in, and everything loaded back up except that one game.

Wouldn't have really bothered me, because afterall it's just a game.. But we bet lunch on it, and I was actually doing pretty well for a change. :)

Upvote 0
Does anyone have problems with WWF showing tiles from multiple games on the same board? This has happened several times. I have 4 games going and at the beginning of the game it was easy to keep straight what tiles belonged to what game, but after 2 days, I'm stymied and haven't played a word since last night. :-(

Still on the bright side I haven't had the serious battery drain issues that effect a lot of people. It runs down faster, but not that much faster and still gets a couple of days out of a charge if I don't charge it at work as normal.

Upvote 0
Does anyone have problems with WWF showing tiles from multiple games on the same board? This has happened several times.

Yeah, it's happened to me a few times. WWF is obviously very buggy still. Buggy I don't mind so much, but it reboots my phone 90% of the time I open the app. It is such a pain that I basically can't even play it. They really need to get a couple quick updates out there for stabability. After that, they should focus on features.

Upvote 0
Does anyone have problems with WWF showing tiles from multiple games on the same board? This has happened several times. I have 4 games going and at the beginning of the game it was easy to keep straight what tiles belonged to what game, but after 2 days, I'm stymied and haven't played a word since last night. :-(

Still on the bright side I haven't had the serious battery drain issues that effect a lot of people. It runs down faster, but not that much faster and still gets a couple of days out of a charge if I don't charge it at work as normal.

It happened to me, but just once.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones