1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Words with Friends

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lisarae, Feb 20, 2011.

1. lisarae

lisarae Lurker

I cant find Words with friends on my Hero...It will pull up w/ a link a friends sent me but then it gives me an error message..Can anyone help?:thinking::(

Advertisement

2. ens04

ens04 Lurker

3. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands

I downloaded it from the market with my Hero... What is the error message you are getting when you try to download from the link? If you are getting it from somewhere other than the market you need to allow that in the settings menu.

Menu>settings>applications>check the unknown sources box to be able to install non market apps.

That being said, you should be able to find it in the market, anyway.

4. Jesper8310

Jesper8310 Lurker

Hey guys,
    Questions I have the Samsung Vibrant and I had no problem finding or downloading Words With Friends.
    My Friend has a HTC Hero and she cannot find Words With Friends on the market at all.
    She even tried logging into the market on the web but it does not recognize her phone so she cannot download it.
    Any ideas would be apprecieted?

5. 330D

Maybe it requires android 2.2... I'm rooted and running froyo, so maybe that is why I can get it.

6. firebirdude

firebirdude Member

It downloaded fine from the market on my Evo. But after about 5 minutes of playing, this huge weblink pops in and takes up the entire screen. You can't do anything but click on it, which brings you to a dead page. If I back all the way out of the app, reload it, it instantly pops back up. If I'm super quick, I can click on a game before the link pops up and play one turn. Then be super fast again for every turn thereafter.

7. 330D

If you touch the bottom of the page when the ad screen loads, it will give you the option to skip the ad. (at least it does for me...) And, I had to uninstall the app and reinstall it to get rid of some of the bugs the first version had. It is still a little bit buggy, but much better than it was.

8. srkmagnus

srkmagnus Well-Known Member

9. NoClemency

NoClemency Lurker

I have the exact same problem, and I have no idea what is going on, I thought it might have to do with my ad remover, but that wasn't the case. If anyone figures out what how to fix this problem, it would be great. I've already uninstalled and installed it several times, but it makes no difference, the giant link continues to pop up.

10. same problem here running rooted froyo with an adblocker. It's very annoying and makes it unplayable

11. Rube8514

Rube8514 Well-Known Member

Sorry, newb here to the game....I honestly am not sure how to play...is there a rule page that someone has made? I wasn't even sure how to lay my first word of the game....HELP!!

12. 330D

I'm pretty sure scrabble rules apply. Your first word has to touch the star. That is about it. Build words wherever you can. Try to hit the double and triple letter score blocks where you can.

13. BumbleBbee

BumbleBbee Well-Known Member

I have the Fascinate and running stock 2.1 and I found the app in the market and am running it with few problems. However, the few problems I have aren't minor. 1...my phone lags now. This app seems to have slowed it down. 2. Since the update the other day, my phone randomly reboots itself. 3. Even though I turned off notifications, the app is still running in the background and pushing notifications...thus eating up my battery life. UGH.

Just curious...anyone else having these problems?

14. Carol R

Carol R Lurker

Question:
    My play is not showing up on my partner's screen, only on mine. Neither of us can resign and start over since my screen thinks it's her turn, and her screen thinks it's my turn. What do we do?

15. 330D

Uninstall the recent update....

Tags: