1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Work App - Employee Card Creation

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by Clinton_BC, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Clinton_BC

Clinton_BC Lurker

Hi Everyone,
    Before I head down the path of creating an Android App for work I wanted your opinion on if its possible.

Problem.
    Multiple company employed trainers facilitate a "new starter induction" course every day, often 30+ candidates are present in the class and we have only 1.5 hours to facilitate the induction, take candidate photos for their employee card, take photos of their identification (Passport or Drivers licence) and a photograph of their employee details form.
    Once the session is complete we are then required to download all of the photos, rename them in the following naming convention: "LASTNAME,FIRSTNAME-Photo", "LASTNAME,FIRSTNAME-ID",LASTNAME,FIRSTNAME-DETAILS", then send each candidates three items to an email address for employee photo card creation. This process can take up to 3 hours depending on the IT capability of the trainer.

Proposed solution.
    Create an App for android (we all have worked issued android devices with outlook exchange email configured) that once open an area to type candidates FIRST NAME & LAST NAME, plus three camera buttons, each camera button relevant to the required photographs( Face, ID, Employee details form).

Once the candidate name is entered, I use button one to take a photo of the candidates face, button 2 for the candidates ID, Button 3 for the Employee details form. After each photo is taken using the relevant buttons the photo is renamed XXXX-Photo, XXXX-ID, XXXX- Details.

At the bottom of the screen is a Submit button which needs to attach the three photos, resize to 2mb each and send to a specified email address using outlook on our phones without having to click on any outlook screens or enter an email address. Then the app needs to reset immediately for the next candidate.

Is this possible? and if so where should I look for the relevant integration with outlook and the capability to rename photos automatically.. I'm using Android Studio

Thanks for your help.