1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Work in 2 apps side-by-side on Transformer screen?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by teknofil, Sep 18, 2011.

1. teknofil

teknofil Lurker

Hi! I would really like to buy a Transformer, but I really need it to be able to do the following:

Have a small internet browser open on the screen beside a text editing app/widget.

Is it possible on the Transformer? Given the large screen, I would hope that I could look at a wikipedia article on the left side of the screen and summarize things on the right side in a note-taking app for schoolwork. But are there widgets or apps that allow this type of multi-tasking?

Thanks!

-Kelly

2. AutobahnSHO

AutobahnSHO Android Enthusiast

Haven't seen anything like this yet. :-(

3. teknofil

teknofil Lurker

Hi! I got a reply in another forum.

There are 2 options that might work, but arent yet full options for us transformer owners... but they are in the works:

1. Onskreen Cornerstone. It allows you to resize your running apps into little windows! genius! beta testing went well, hopefully coming to devices if google will ever allow it!

2. TouchWiz, available on Samsung Tab. I tested it out at the store yesterday. at the bottom of the screen there are 5 widgets that will pop up and run over ANY app. they can be re-positioned and everything! people have put these on the transformer, but you lose wifi... so they are still working on kinks

4. oksym

oksym Lurker

When is wifi on, you can use Dual Screen browser - in one window open wiki, in second open gdocs. But google products working on android browser really poor. :mad:

5. teknofil

teknofil Lurker

Do you mean that it IS currently possible to see 2 browser windows on screen at the same on honeycomb 3.2 on transformer? Could you maybe take a screenprint of this to show us what it looks like? I would love to be able to have google docs open on one side of screen beside Wikipedia! :)

6. oksym

oksym Lurker

teknofil likes this.
  7. teknofil

teknofil Lurker

This made my day! THANKS!!

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Forum

The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 10.1" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, and Nvidia Tegra 2 T20 processor.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews