• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Working custom roms

ink13

Apr 12, 2012
Heyo!

So which custom roms have u guys managed to get working and how?
Myself I've been desperately looking for a wp7 rom with no success.
Also tried getting miui but for some all of them say ''installation aborted''..Da FuK?
Yeh so any help appreciated

With existing Miui/CM9/Android 4 roms the phone functions do not work (no drivers available for this version) so they are for playing with and thus not practical. I have never seen a windows phone 7 rom for the phone although I would certainly try it. As far a gingerbread there are many available. Some are linked right here on these forums. Gingerbread is going to give the best performance for this phone.

Upvote 0
With existing Miui/CM9/Android 4 roms the phone functions do not work (no drivers available for this version) so they are for playing with and thus not practical. I have never seen a windows phone 7 rom for the phone although I would certainly try it. As far a gingerbread there are many available. Some are linked right here on these forums. Gingerbread is going to give the best performance for this phone.

So there's really no reason to install a custom rom? Unless it's for the looks,not for a performance boost?

Upvote 0
Some custom roms offer improved performance, battery life, features, and most importantly allow more storage flexability. Currently I use my stripped down & recolored version of the AT&T stock rom for compatability and the honest reason that I can't stand the whole "green lettering/icons on a white background" thing most custom roms use. Bit of eye strain, bit of plain ugly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones