• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Working MIUI wifi tether?

Don't quote me on this, but I think any 3rd party wifi tether app should work. All of the functionality is there for them to use.

As for the stock one, when I was running miui, I never had a problem with it staying connected for hours. Sounds like something else might be going on with your phone.

Does it still not stay connected after a fresh clean flash of miui without restoring or installing any other app?

Upvote 0
Don't quote me on this, but I think any 3rd party wifi tether app should work. All of the functionality is there for them to use.

As for the stock one, when I was running miui, I never had a problem with it staying connected for hours. Sounds like something else might be going on with your phone.

Ditto, I use mine to tether my PS Vita for Netflix

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones